Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SBSL 2010 Awards

MLB ERA

Re: SBSL 2010 Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Pujols' average was lower by 56 points, had 17 fewer RBI, and a lower OPS. MVP award is not rocket science.
    Pujols also had a higher SLG by 35 points, 10 more SB, 12 more HR, 7 more R, 33 more EXBH, 30 more Total Bases, and finished in the Top 5 in the league in 9 categories to Burdette's 8.

So it should've been damn close, and no one mentioned him. As far as defense, Burdette had 6 errors in 322 TC with 5 A with 156 G RF, CF, and LF whereas Pujols had 13 E in 427 TC with 261 A (3 OF) in 161 G at LF and 3B.

Burdette also batted 3rd with the best table-setter in the league batting leadoff, a career year from its #2 hitter, and a legitimate threat behind him.

Pujols batted 3rd behind .280 Ronny Cedeno and .213 Ronnie Belliard, but did have legitimate threats behind him in the next three spots.

I don't care what this game says, it was a legitimate toss up for MVP. While average and RBIs did Pujols in, he is no doubt in my mind the MVP because he is the sole reason I was able to win 75 games.

MLB ERA

And FWIW Guy Orr should've won the GG over Denard Span in LF

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Sweet got a Cy in exchange for him not resigning. Sadness.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Pujols also had a higher SLG by 35 points, 10 more SB, 12 more HR, 7 more R, 33 more EXBH, 30 more Total Bases, and finished in the Top 5 in the league in 9 categories to Burdette's 8.

So it should've been damn close, and no one mentioned him. As far as defense, Burdette had 6 errors in 322 TC with 5 A with 156 G RF, CF, and LF whereas Pujols had 13 E in 427 TC with 261 A (3 OF) in 161 G at LF and 3B.

Burdette also batted 3rd with the best table-setter in the league batting leadoff, a career year from its #2 hitter, and a legitimate threat behind him.

Pujols batted 3rd behind .280 Ronny Cedeno and .213 Ronnie Belliard, but did have legitimate threats behind him in the next three spots.

I don't care what this game says, it was a legitimate toss up for MVP. While average and RBIs did Pujols in, he is no doubt in my mind the MVP because he is the sole reason I was able to win 75 games.
    my #2 hitter did not have a career year. His OPS was lower than his first year. The other numbers were higher because he played a full season. I can't help that my team had a better overall offense around Burdette. That's the idea, isn't it?

Pujols had more ABs, but less hits and a significantly lower average. Pujols had more 2Bs, 3Bs, and HRs. Burdette had more RBIs. Pujols more runs. Burdette had more walks, a higher OBP, and a higher OPS. Burdette was also first by a decent margin in both runs created categories. In the end I think Burdette deserved slightly more, but either could have won it. Burdette led the league in OPS, which is an indicator of what type of season he had...the best overall IMHO.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    my #2 hitter did not have a career year. His OPS was lower than his first year. The other numbers were higher because he played a full season. I can't help that my team had a better overall offense around Burdette. That's the idea, isn't it?

Pujols had more ABs, but less hits and a significantly lower average. Pujols had more 2Bs, 3Bs, and HRs. Burdette had more RBIs. Pujols more runs. Burdette had more walks, a higher OBP, and a higher OPS. Burdette was also first by a decent margin in both runs created categories. In the end I think Burdette deserved slightly more, but either could have won it. Burdette led the league in OPS, which is an indicator of what type of season he had...the best overall IMHO.
    I mean clearly your team is better and clearly it's more difficult for someone to win an MVP on a bad team but it isn't unprecedented as we saw in the NL.

And as far as Runs Created isn't that a stat that takes into account RBIs and Runs scored right? And runners moved over that scored and what not...

That would obviously be better for a guy who had a damn good lineup around him.

Pujols had 167 H. 95 of them were for Extra Bases.

I mean, he dominated this year. It wasn't his fault my real #2 hitter, Tracy, had a 3 discipline and can't bat there. Also, I guess Burdette deserves it because I took a gander at Pujols' stats with RISP and they're terrible. But Close/Late he dominated. On a better team it might've propelled him to the MVP but my team just wasn't good enough.

MLB ERA

Also it just really helps my identify my problems.

I don't really need pitching this year, I need a legit leadoff man, a 2B and a RF.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

it's not like my team was that great...we only had 1 more win than the previous season when we didn't have Burdette. We had the worst record of all the playoff teams as well. Of course, that was mostly due to the pitching, but still. Hermida missed over 3 weeks (due to him being put on the DL when he was just about healed for some reason) and only played in 135 games. Burdette carried my team during that time winning PotW and BotM.

MLB ERA

I don't really care that much.

I got an MVP from him last year and he should win a few more on his way to 3,000 H and 650 HR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123