Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TSSL NL West is the best division in sim league baseball history

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The 2020 TSSL NL West is the best division in sim league baseball history

It wasn't worse.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    It wasn't worse.
    there was a one game playoff between two 80-82 teams.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Right now the division leader is 5 games under .500, so I'd say the 2020 TSSL NL West is currently worse.

That said, we still have 2 SIM months to play, so anything can happen.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    there was a one game playoff between two 80-82 teams.
    what does that have to do with it?

as of right now, every team in the west this season has a lower winning % than all of those S3SL teams except Arizona.

MLB ERA

It's not my fault my pitchers don't pitch. I acquire a 10-8-10 10end 24 yr old in the offseason, and he has a 5.30+ era right now... Felix Hernandez, lifetime era of around 3.30... at 7.00+ this year.

The rest of my staff has been no better.

It's impossible to run a team when OOTP decides what goes and I have nothing else to dip into in AAA.

But I guess it IS my own fault for not spending money in free agency. Then again, I wouldn't have bid 10 million on a relief pitcher, or 15 million on a shitty starter to lose to Anaheim, St. Louis, or Tampa Bay again. Cough cough. Don't bother trying to pick who I'm talking about, because it goes for half the league with free agency.

Atleast I'm realistic about my teams shitty chances. I know our division sucks, but hey.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I'm in last place so you won't be losing to me

MLB ERA

You know what I meant... people try to build their teams up by bidding tenfold on meciocre FAs to compete with the power houses (which just coincidentally has been LA, Tampa, and St. Louis), which makes it really hard to play the FA game unless you want to rape your financial situation and feel dirty afterwards.

I will not feel dirty! I'd rather toil in mediocrity and hopefully get lucky one year... than sign J Bent Cox for 10 mil! FIGHT THE POWER

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

you're leaving out the White Sox. Anaheim, Chicago, and TB have pwned the AL year in and year out. While, I've been the one constant in the NL, there hasn't been another dominant team. Every team except for Philadelphia has made the playoffs at least once with Washington, Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, Cincinnati, and New York making WS appearances for the NL besides my team. You've made the playoffs 4 years yourself.

MLB ERA

I posted this before, but not sure if you saw it (this includes the contracted teams):

World Series Championships
    St. Louis - 5
    Chicago (A) - 3
    Anaheim - 1
    Tampa Bay - 1
    Boston - 1
    Baltimore - 1
    Texas - 1
    New York (N) - 1

Playoff Appearances (112 total in the 14-year league history)
    St. Louis - 12
    Tampa Bay - 10
    Anaheim - 9
    Chicago (A) - 9
    Baltimore - 6
    Florida - 6
    Boston - 5
    Colorado - 5
    Texas - 5
    Atlanta - 4
    Los Angeles - 4
    Chicago (N) - 4
    San Francisco - 4
    Seattle - 3
    Milwaukee - 3
    Detroit - 3
    Houston - 3
    Minnesota - 3
    New York (N) - 3
    Cincinnati - 2
    Pittsburgh - 2
    San Diego - 2
    Toronto - 1
    Kansas City - 1
    Washington - 1
    Cleveland - 1
    Arizona - 1
    New York (A) - 0
    Oakland - 0
    Philadelphia - 0

Philly will make the playoffs this year. New York (A) could. Just about every team has had a shot in this league. And as you know there is some randomness to the playoffs; the best team doesn't always win.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I am pleased to see that Colorado is tied for 7th in playoff appearences. I think Hafdawg is responsible for 3 of them though...

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I am pleased to see that Colorado is tied for 7th in playoff appearences. I think Hafdawg is responsible for 3 of them though...
    no, it was someone else...I think he was also in the old SBSL. Let me see if I can dig it up.

edit: hmmm, I can't find it. I saw the Haf originally wanted them, but then in the 2009 COL thread he said it was his first season with them. I'm pretty sure it was someone else. I'll keep digging.

edit2: yea, it was this guy...metspr:

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...tml#post228176

he ran them originally and then Haf took over, but didn't do much with them. Metspr had 2 of those playoff trips. You had the other 3.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Chicago was ran pretty well for a couple of years by PA/the AI. PA has technically won the series in the AL and NL. Eat your heart out real life manager who won in both leagues!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

So PA beat himself in the World Series?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    It's not my fault my pitchers don't pitch. I acquire a 10-8-10 10end 24 yr old in the offseason, and he has a 5.30+ era right now... Felix Hernandez, lifetime era of around 3.30... at 7.00+ this year.

The rest of my staff has been no better.

It's impossible to run a team when OOTP decides what goes and I have nothing else to dip into in AAA.

But I guess it IS my own fault for not spending money in free agency. Then again, I wouldn't have bid 10 million on a relief pitcher, or 15 million on a shitty starter to lose to Anaheim, St. Louis, or Tampa Bay again. Cough cough. Don't bother trying to pick who I'm talking about, because it goes for half the league with free agency.

Atleast I'm realistic about my teams shitty chances. I know our division sucks, but hey.
    I'm pissed Justin Orenduff wouldn't take 18 mill for 8 years. That ****er was the missing link. **** him and his fetish for Mofo's pink shoes.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    So PA beat himself in the World Series?
    Kinky
    Ted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast