Thread: 2020 FA Period 5: Now - Monday 10/27 9AM EDT

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Contract 2020 FA Period 5: Now - Monday 10/27 9AM EDT

The site will be uploaded soon. Please wait until the financial reports are updated so you know exactly how much FA money you have available. I shouldn't have to keep track of your money.

The fifth FA period is now open and ends on Monday 10/27 at 9AM EDT. Offers sent after the deadline will be ignored.

This is the last regular period of FA. There will a brief period where you will be allowed to make a one-year max offer to players before ST. Free agents will be first come, first served after the ST sim.

I will PM you if player X won't listen to offers from you for whatever reason. Keep in mind that you cannot spend more money than what you have available for free agents on your financial report.

I have no FA offers for my team.

Free Agency Rules

These rules are only in place to keep things moving and to avoid too many expensive contracts. We often complain about the real-life deals GMs make, so this shouldn't be a problem. Complaining will be ignored.

1. Each team can spend up to a max of 45 million dollars in one setting (You can never spend more than your available FA money). Pretty much, if you offer 45 million in contracts during the first round and either everyone rejects your deals, or you sign some and lose some, you may once again spend up to your limit in the following round. Length of contract does not matter.

Example:
    Oakland offers $45 mil to a group of players in round one.
    $20 mil of that remains on the table, Oakland can spend up to $25 mil in round 2.

For example they offer:

Eric Chavez $9 mil
    Huston Street $9 mil
    Tim Wakefield $2 mil
    Todd Helton $25 mil

Let's say Chavez, Street, and Wakefield like their offers and will consider them, but they don't sign right away. Helton flat out rejects Oakland. Oakland would be able to offer up to $25 mil on other free agents in the next round. He will be able to offer more when the other three players either sign elsewhere or sign with Oakland.

2. Each team is limited to only one $14+ mil per year offer throughout the entire free agent period. If that player signs elsewhere, you may again offer a $14+ mil deal. Length of contract does not matter.

Example:
    Texas offers Roy Oswalt $15.9 mil per year. Oswalt signs. Texas may not offer $14+ mil to another player.

3. Each team, per round, may offer only two MLC deals.

4. There will be no rules regarding trading players you sign. The TC, however, will be watching such trades carefully.

5. Teams will not be allowed to withdraw offers once they are entered so bid carefully.

It's simple math. I trust you will follow the rules or at least try to.
    If you violate the rules, you will lose any player(s) that you ended up signing while breaking rules.

MLB ERA

Re: 2020 FA Period 5: Now - Monday 10/27 9AM EDT

the site is updated and so are the rules.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree with you on #5, but Dam was a victim of his own belligerence when it comes to outbidding everyone else for a free agent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Guess you never thought of that when you brought back your boy Delmon Young.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I like the new rule. I know I've withdrawn bids before (in other leagues) after a guy of a same position signed before the other, but what happened with Alex Gordon smells- so I agree with the stance.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Guess you never thought of that when you brought back your boy Delmon Young.
    I only do it to get my own guys away from the vultures. Suck it Tampa.

MLB ERA

I've only had someone withdraw a bid in this league one other time that I can remember and it happened in the first FA sim so this shit wouldn't have happened. The offer was placed on the first day, withdrew on the second day...FA went to the 6th day so no harm, no foul. IIRC the withdrawn offer was the only offer for that player that round anyway.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

While Dam knew he had to outbid two teams, no one told him he had to bid 17.5 million to win.

MLB ERA

that is true, but if those bids weren't entered in the first place he wouldn't have kept outbidding himself. He would have been leading after he initially beat the NYY offer. Hollywood pulled his offer because it was too much. GF said it was too much at first and then he said he wanted to cancel it because he obtained Rosario. Regardless of the reason(s), those bids resulted in the higher contract. I'll be editing the contract anyway. The new rule will prevent this from happening again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Gotcha, although I doubt that Dam would have had buyer's remorse if the withdrawals hadn't occurred.