Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade: St. Louis - San Francisco

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade: St. Louis - San Francisco

Well considering I have dealt Felix and Ibanez in this league alone. Not often. And you was fair on your deal. I knew I didn't have too much because most of my youth is in the ML and Im trying to get those last 2 or so pieces to make some sort of run. FA hasn't been too kind so far.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    missed the post about no TC? There is a TC, but I haven't had to use since when CJ first entered the league and you tried to pillage him

now, I'm at the point where I don't care for the most part. as long as it's not totally lopsided, I pass it. I got sick of people *****ing about the TC...of course, I still get the occasional *****ing about no TC, but whatever. This is quicker and easier on me. And I could give two shits if I appear to get the "short end"...really, I know what I'm doing and I've won enough to justify that. I'm not just giving players to people, you know?

The context of the TC/no TC discussion stemmed from you being on the "long end" not the "short end". i.e. the Colton trade. Your OOTP chest-pounding is warranted in TSSL for sure. The Xmas tree in Providence is adorned with STL WS rings!

Prediction: More chest-pounding on the way!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

how did I get the "long end" of the deal? I got a starting pitcher spec that is less talented than Colton, a starting pitcher with 6 endurance that has been terrible, and a 1st round pick, which will probably be in the middle or so...but who knows. And I haven't been editing the draft much at all the last couple seasons...so please tell me, how did I get too much? I await your trade analysis...

and I've won a lot TPSL as well...only 1 WS title, but made the playoffs every year in version 1.0 and am on my way to my 5th straight division title in version 2.0. SBSL is so inconsistently run that no one can say much there....we've had, what 2 complete seasons?

and if Nick got the best of this deal, you can't say I'm only passing deals through that favor me. The last deal I failed at all was the deal with you and CJ. I've passed everything since then.

MLB ERA

People need to just get off prov's jock.... he does a lot for this forum and runs a good league, which is A LOT harder than it looks...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Your reading way too much into what I have said. I am happy to be the Colorado GM.

MLB ERA

so explain to me how I crushed GF in our deal...I told you my thoughts. I'd like to know how you think I hosed him OM.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I just think the two pitching specs you received are minimally less valuable than Colton. 6 endurance only takes a small amount of value away from that pitcher. Add a first round draft pick to that and I see a lop-sided trade. I really don't want to be controversial. I'll just say, I think you got the edge in value to a franchise.

MLB ERA

the 6 endurance pitcher has been terrible though. His lowest ERA for a season is 5.74 and his career ERA is 6.19. Obviously, his record is a moot point being on that team, but his overall numbers are terrible regardless. I only asked for him because GF said he wouldn't be a part of his rotation if he acquired Colton and I don't have much in AAA to replace Colton and Rodney.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

That is a valid point, but with 70% of the TSSL stat engine going to ratings, I think his future is bright. No worries. I wish both of you luck.

MLB ERA

the stat engine has used that setup for a long time now...look at Henderson for example, he barely improved with me last season.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

ok.

MLB ERA

so you thought I recently changed the stat engine to benefit myself?

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Holy Jesus! NO! Where did I say anything like that? We had this discussion in TPSL. I honestly thought all Leagues here were 65% ratings... even so with 70%, that emphasizes a players value based on ratings much more so than stats IMHO. Granted stats are the bottom-line ALWAYS!

Please don't look for trouble where there is none. That was just wrong!

MLB ERA

I got the impression that you thought I changed it recently...so I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to imply. my point was that we've already had the ratings weighted high and certain players still do terrible (like Moya). He may do a little better, like Henderson, but I'm not expecting a whole lot other than having to lean heavily on my pen.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I can't imagine from where? Why so defensive? I haven't blasted you about anything. I made a mostly benign comment about Nick getting the best of the Rodney trade (Rodney had better stats than Colton, albeit for only one season IIRC) I really did want him so I am a little jealous of Nick! I also commented that you got the best of the Colton trade. From my perspective the comments were merely from the peanut gallery and not worthy of all this drama.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast