Thread: Votes Needed: CIN - OAK

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Trade Votes Needed: CIN - OAK

Cincinnati Trades:

LF Chris Errecart, 3.5 stars, $5,000,000

Total: $5,000,000

Oakland Trades:

SP Dewon Brazelton, 1.5 star, $3,160,000(for money purposes)
    LF Adam West, 5.0 Spect, MLC
    3B Michael Manzer, 4.5 spect, MLC
    SP Douglas Varga, 5.0 spect, MLC
    MR David Strang, 5.0 Spect, MLC

Total: $3,160,000

Seems like way too much for a 32 year old. Yeah, he's performed well in the last 4 years, but it just seems like way too much. Thoughts?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Votes Needed: CIN - OAK

It does seem like way too much. The keyword is seem, because you just never know about prospects. I guess CJ should be allowed just two choices, maybe three, out of the four prospects.

MLB ERA

the reliever spec is the oldest at 24, but the other 3 are all under 22. He could very well produce at the same level for a while longer with the settings. They're all 5.0 specs, but not top 5.0 specs. Maybe it's not as far off as I initially thought, but it just seems like a lot at first glance.

And at least CJ is the one getting what perceives to be more this time. BJD has been here forever and I don't think he's going anywhere. He must really want to get into the playoffs. I can understand it, but I don't think it's the wisest move.

Wow, this does seem lopsided, but in CJ's favor, and as Prov said, its a guy who's been around for a while paying what needs to be paid to get into the playoffs.

None of the specs are really true studs, just guys that will be solid players, so giving up several of them isn't quite as bad as 3 phenomenal guys.

I guess I'd say to let this go through, but I wouldn't argue if the decision is to tell cj to take 3 of those 4 guys.

MLB ERA

Manzer is now a 4.5 spec, but Errecart lost some power. They're really fringe 4.5/5.0 specs. I think I'll pass it through since no one else seems to have an opinion on the matter.