Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contraction Update (6/30/08)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Contraction Update (6/25/08)

I'll look over that more closely later, but as far as #2...I meant release them into the general free agent pool and include them as part of the regular free agency...but if we did it, I'd probably just have a draft for all players.

And I know I'd need to roll it over (we're at that point in the game). I'm just doing a check-in, finishing extensions, and then rolling it over to 2017.

MLB ERA

Re: Contraction Update (6/27/08)

OK, well I think if we just do it all as a draft for all the good and decent players, then I can just do it as trades. Regardless, a draft would be done by trading the players before contracting.

The check-in is complete and I'm really leaning towards contracting the Brewers and Dodgers regardless of Bumblefoot wanting the Brewers. If he's serious, then he can go on a waiting list as there are a few GMs that aren't very active for various lame excuses.

After the extension/arbitration cuts deadline tomorrow night, I will roll the game over and post a date for a live contraction draft. No relocation is necessary as the NL Central will now be 5 teams and the NL West will now be 4 teams. The AL and NL will be set up the same.

Would the contraction draft start tonight as soon as things are rolled over? Would it just be in the same order as the upcoming amateur draft?

Edit: Just read the other thread, nevermind.

MLB ERA

yea, sorry...it was 2:30 in the morning. I didn't mean we'll begin a draft. I'll edit that.

I will, however, sign a 3 - 4 one star players to MLCs for each team before the roll over that will be used to trade for the drafted players. Those one star specs would then just be released from the contracted team.

MLB ERA

OK, I signed everyone 3 one star players to use for the trades just in case you didn't have enough in your minor league system. They may not end up being the exact players traded, but it will be a one star player. You can always cut them later if they end up on your roster still.

MLB ERA

Also, I am going to release 2.5 star and below specs on Milwaukee and LA along with 1.0 players in the minors and such. That will make the draft easier instead of searching through filler that no one wants.

MLB ERA

I'm done releasing the scrubs from MIL and LA. There are exactly 84 players available so we will do 3 rounds (3 rounds X 28 teams = 84 players).

The released players will be available in the general free agency if anyone really wants them badly.

All specs will be in the minors and all non-specs will be on the major league team, which will help make it easier if you know the direction you want to go in.

MLB ERA

Ahhh, 1 player retired so now there are 83 players on MIL and LA. No worries, it just means I'll only get 2 picks Everyone else will have the opportunity to make 3 picks if they so choose.

The site is uploading as I type this. I made 3 backup copies of the file. 1 of which is my normal one that I will use for the season. That means I have 2 backups right at the start of 2017 before I change anything in case shit goes wrong.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who retired?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Juan Rincon...he of the 25 walk game or some shit. He was old, but still had decent ratings so I didn't release him, but I guess he decided to release himself.

MLB ERA

the site is fully uploaded. I will make a contraction draft thread in a few moments. Trading is open. Do not send any changes please.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Former Devil Ray great Juan Rincon is gone? Oh no
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

His thinking: "oh shit, giantsfan might draft me, I'm taking a very long sabbatical"
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I uploaded the site again...it's current right up to Toronto's pick. I did tweak a couple of the players on MIL and LA; nothing major. The ANA/DET trade and a contract edit are also included. Lastly, I changed some of the season enders to 120 day / 17 week injuries just for kicks and I put some guys on the DL.

MLB ERA

Re: Contraction Update (6/30/08)

The site is currently uploading. The contraction draft has been completed. PM me if you have a huge issue with a player you were selected. MIL and LA are officially gone.

The draft class has been edited to my liking. Logos have been fixed.

A new schedule was generated and is better than before (ends a little earlier, no game, off, game, off craziness in October like it has been in the past).

I will post separate threads for the start of FA and for the draft later tonight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast