Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Draft discussion

MLB ERA

Re: Draft discussion

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    maturity and age are two completely different things. There are plenty of college kids who are WAY more mature than plenty of 40 and 50-year olds. I've seen it all the time. I appreciate your military service man, there's no doubt about that. But just being in the military and a parent doesn't make you mature. You have to act it.
    You understand that only someone who feels ridiculed for being (and most likely is immature) would even mention this.

Young adults/college kids are in a constant battle to be affirmed as adults. We try using advanced language, dressing different, and all sorts of things. But really, we need to understand and address the fact that only young adults need to be affirmed.

Real adults don't need that affirmation, and so they get it.

It's a Catch-22 that I run into a lot on this site and TNFLF...all I can do is wait to age so I'm taken seriously.

In the meantime, I'll say rude things and address questionable post with the gusto of an 18 year old, and not a tired and agitated 40 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Pardon me??? Hmm.... when a college kid questions my maturity.... I'll bring up whatever I wish... if it is my past military status... or my being a parent of children almost as old as some of these people are
    And, due to substantiation issues, we can say you're full of shit.

As far as proof goes, none of us have any about most things. It's the internet. Maybe that's how things work for you, but as far as I'm concerned we're completely equal here buddy.

Maybe once you come to grips with that fact you won't be so easy to punch at the drop of a hat.

And when someone acts immature or has an idea spawned from immaturity... I will indeed point it out... as immature ideas in a game of challenge, strategy, and complexity... do absolutely nothing more than bring down the quality of the game
    Why do you think I have rebutted your poor and unbased arguments? Because I also endorse this philosophy, and I will also call out people.

Guess we're at a ****ing standstill.

As for S3F cred... don't need it.... been posting with people like mission for a long time... as for cred in logic, gaming, analysis, whatever... I have that in the real world... whether it is accepted by some college kid on here is irrelevant
    S3F cred? I have it too and I'm 18. There's that argument...GONE.

And that's right, having real life cred means something and you clearly understand that no one has to buy what you say...but, once again, you're right. It is irrelevant.

So why even bring it up? Chest pounding just hurts you.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Seriously, I think we all need to take a step back for a second. If you don't like the way it's run, no one is forcing you to be in this league. There's other leagues on the site, and there's probably an open team on at least one of them. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just saying.

Being an internet bully isn't cool either. That's just dumb.

And DD,

I thank you for your prior military service. But to use the military card to make some college kid feel insignificant, that's just not cool. I use the military card for getting a discount on my phone bill or stuff like that, not to make people respect what I have to say on an internet site.

BONGO ANGRY!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Draft discussion-angrymonkey-jpg  
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I thought i closed this thread before.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You hit the wrong key Porter...you shouldn't have touched this one.

I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe ill try this again.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910