The Arbiter was recently asked at a convention, "So what's it like finishing last in the division while having a .500 plus winning percentage?". The man who posed this question has not been seen since.

Catcher: F
Hector Luna-Paul Bako-Jack Cust-Jake Long
This is what happens when you have no catcher. You're forced to start guys who aren't catchers and sign ugly things off free agency (even with that, Bako goes down with a career ender). Fortunately, Long was drafted and progressed enough to start. It's his and Bradley Davis' job now.

1st Base: C
Rick Ankiel-Jack Cust-Casey Blake-Michael Grantham
Again, played guys out of position. Ankiel converted and Blake was good defensively, but struck out way too much. Grantham got the nod to finish out the season. It's either Ankiel, Grantham, or Kouzmanoff.

2nd Base: C
Adam Kennedy, Grant Green, Derek Jeter, Esteban German
Kennedy started off well, then absolutely forgot how to hit. German was acquired late and hit well over .300. It's his job to lose.

3rd Base: C+
Mike Lowell, Adam Kennedy, Grant Green, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Casey Blake
Another revolving door until Lowell was acquired. Lowell and Blake provided offense, Lowell more so as well as being sound defensively. Lowell should return as the favorite.

Shortstop: A
Jose Reyes and Derek Jeter
It was all Reyes until he was hurt for a bit, and then it was Jeter. Yes, I just realized I have the state of New York's shortstops on my team. Funny how that works. Reyes was a machine.

Rightfield: A
Ichiro and Gary Matthews Jr.
Ichiro was hitting over .300, as usual, until he was traded. Matthews Jr. proved to be a very solid player in every aspect, providing a little more pop than Ichiro.

Centerfield: B
Curtis Granderson
Was basically it in center except for spot starts by Luna. Did pretty well, could hit a few more homeruns though.

Leftfield: C
Travis Buck and Rick Ankiel
Ankiel took over towards the end of the season when several lineup changes were made. Buck was average offensively and horrific defensively (16 errors, yay!).

Designated Hitter: C
Jack Cust, Derek Jeter, Rick Ankiel
Basically, the odd man out got this position. Mostly Jeter with Reyes at short. Cust surprisingly had his moments, aside from the batting average.

Starting Pitching: B+
Zach Duke, Johnny Cueto, Dewon Brazelton, Dustin Nippert, John Maine, Justin Masterson
They kept me afloat for mostly the entire season. Brazelton was great early on, Duke had an amazing second half (including giving up just 3 runs in August). Cueto was strong throughout and Nippert picked his spots. Maine was miserable, the surprising weakest link of the staff. Masterson showed promise.

Relief Pitching: F
Like, 50 different guys
Didn't really matter what I threw out there, whether it was guys I had or guys I signed, no matter which mix, it all was bad to see. Mike Maroth was a solid signing late in the year, Blaine Boyer had his moments, and Edgar Martinez did solid in his debut.

Closers: B-
Todd Coffey and Jose Valverde
Coffey did save 42 games but blew 12. He wasn't a real closer but he did better than expected. Valverde becomes the man at the end.

We need more power, Captain.

Jose Reyes never expect to be the number three hitter? But that's what happens. After 75 billion different lineups and bullpen concoctions, just need some familiarity. And fewer injuries.

Hopefully the Dream Draft gives us a gold ticket. Perhaps the deep ammy draft further helps the cause. If Jake Long continues to develope, as does Justin Masterson, it's looking good in Anaheim again.

Anyone want John ****ing Maine?