Thread: Are you in 4 leagues already and want to join CSSL? Then read this.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Are you in 4 leagues already and want to join CSSL? Then read this.

If you are already in four leagues (S3SL, SBSL, TSSL, TPSL)? If so, and you want to join this league, there is a simple requirement to do so.

a.) Create and submit an article of high enough quality that it is accepted and posted for all to see, one article a month. (Again, it has to be accepted.)

b.) Create ten threads monthly in any of the team forums or baseball forums (ie non-sim league forums and non-community forums.) The threads have to be more than copying and pasting an article, but something of actual effort and would have the potential to stimulate discussion (basically, something semi-smart and in your own words.)

Why do we have this requirement? Because there is a reason why this site has a considerable amount of money invested into it and it's not so you can sim to your heart's content. I created the first sim league here about four years ago and while I wanted to bring my enjoyment for the activity here, I also wanted it to benefit the forums. Neither of these requirements are difficult to meet and if you meet them, you are in the clear.

If you want to go ahead and drop another league to bypass this, feel free, but don't be surprised if you aren't able to access the leagues for awhile. Do I personally care that much? Nope, but it sure is not fair to the other commissioners here who work hard on their leagues and some of whom have a hard time maintaining a full league. So if you want to quit for this one and bypass this requirement, you would be best off waiting awhile to a less obvious time.

If this does not affect you, do not post here. If it does affect you, continue reading.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Are you in 4 leagues already and want to join CSSL? Then read this.

If this does affect you, you are to make one post. This isn't a discussion thread, this is a tracking thread. As I told Crazy of a similar requirement, this is not a list for him to be burdened with tracking. But I think it should go without saying that the activity for this requirement is for this requirement and not for you to use for points in leagues. Obviously if you are here, you must like baseball, posting about it shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Consider it your way of saying thanks for us keeping a house for the leagues to reside.

If you are now a five league guy, post here with the post having simply the month (April, as we are nearly there anyway.) When you meet the requirement, you will update this first post with the link to the article or the link to your posts. and then make a new post telling me that you updated it for each following month. The goal therefore is so I won't have to search through the thread for each month, you will just update your first post every month and make a new post to let me know to go back to your first post.

If you drop a league, let me know and I will delete your post. If you are already an active baseball poster, chances are I will delete your post right away. And finally, if for some reason you are unable to meet the requirement for the month, you can roll it over to the next month (meaning you have to finish month A and B in month B.) But please don't abuse that.

MLB ERA

I'll go ahead and start my post here, since I definitely want to be a part of this league, and I would like to keep my spot in all the other leagues. Can't hurt to try it, I'm gaining participation points here by doing all that stuff anyway. I'm sure none of this stuff is required or really even wanted here, I just wanted Mission to read it since it was my post that provoked his remark, when really my only intent was to rejoin a league I remember enjoying a great deal. Once he reads it, I don't care if this part is edited out or whatever.

April:
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

I'm going for a fiver.

I don't quite understand the rules, but I'm not dropping any of the leagues. Not fair to the commishes, even if I suck as GM.

April:

AAA ERA

I appreciate the roll over months. Because I will be traveling a lot in June. Though I hope I still meet the quota anyways.

April:
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Truthfully, I like to keep all my team comments in one thread so I don't clutter the Pirates forum with junk that nobody else look at anyway.

But yeah, I accept the terms.

April:

For shizzle. Getting in on the 5th. Will try article, podcast more likely.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I will post in ten other parts of the forums. I as well want to keep my teams. Why punish an owner who keeps there teams going and active?

When will teams have owners? Can you tell us so far who has what team? When you have time of course. The site looks good by the way.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I post in the Hot off the Wire forum and the Orioles Forum. I started a couple lengthy threads with redsrbetter's assistance when the Bedard to Seattle trade broke about 2 weeks before it was official.

I have also recruited the following GMs to S3F:

Bernie312000
    Mackus
    TyCobb
    CrimsonTribe
    erb8472
    Flashtastic One
    llbballa04
    mweb08

and possibly more.

I will try to work on an article...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Wrong thread?...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Wrong thread?...
    Naw, just pointing out that we all contribute in different ways. Hopefully, it counts for something. I can punch out an article I guess.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

April:

This shouldn't be a problem even with my situation. The Articles will get there when I get my own computer.l
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)