T-5.344 mill

Angels receive:
    SP Dorian Myers, 5 star prospect, 300k
    MR Joseph Im, 5 star prospect, MLC
    MR Jasper Huck, 5 star prospect, MLC
    OF Matty Holliday, 3 stars, 7 million, signed thru 2016
    T- 7.3 mill

======

He took on Holliday's contract because I have no room, and he has more than enough to take it on. It's also inevitable that Holliday is going to die, and I'm realizing this mistake already...

My offense is underacheiving completely (and despite Holliday leading my team in RBIs, he is on the downside of his career and I have no idea why I resigned him anyway... so I have no qualms sending him in this deal which will actually make up for losing Myers since it's going to clear a ton of cap space), but my pitching is fine. Myers, while he has nice potential, is my 5th best pitcher right now.

It's pretty much a move for the playoffs... I want to improve my offense for the playoffs, while also clearing salary (even if it means losing talent), and am probably going to more means neccesary than I have to. My pitching is fine, and I know this... I dont know so much about my offense.

Vote as you wish.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: sfn-laa

how come you don't think Holliday will hold up for 2 more years? the age settings are -65% and players are lasting longer. Wheeler is 36 and doing fine for me...regardless, pass I suppose. You could have signed Sheets yourself BTW...Oakland had released him and then KoZ signed him. Actually, it kind of annoys me that he signed him and then traded him...whatever

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

sure... sheets isnt good enough for me to decline on the basis of zito signing him than trading him. value works out, myers and the 2 relievers for kendrick is a good net for zito all things considered.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    how come you don't think Holliday will hold up for 2 more years? the age settings are -65% and players are lasting longer. Wheeler is 36 and doing fine for me...regardless, pass I suppose. You could have signed Sheets yourself BTW...Oakland had released him and then KoZ signed him. Actually, it kind of annoys me that he signed him and then traded him...whatever
    Because he's already lost OBP talent this season area, his power exceeds his talent and that's going to drop off eventually too, his strike out to walks ratio is just terrible and he's already dropped to a 2.5 talent already (albeit going up to 3.0 at one point, again). It's statistically one of his worst seasons. The only thing that says I shouldn't trade him is the fact that he leads my team in RBIs, and that's only because he's one of the few players who has played the full year for me. Encarnacion missed time, Moser platooned for some time, etc...

He's a horrible contract, and I should've never paid him as much as I did. I don't know what else I can say to explain it. If he made less, I would've kept him and tried to find another way to make the deal work. But I did this just as much to get rid of his contract as I did to get Kendrick.

Sheets sucks, and I know you hate Zito, but he really is just a stop-gap. I asked for Sheets, honestly. Zito didn't even bring Sheets up in the deal. And I didn't even notice Oakland released him... but if I traded Myers, I was going to want another pitcher until Thompson develops and I don't really trust Rich Fischer completely. Sheets is just a one year stop-gap and then I'll probably trade or cut him myself...

The only one I don't like losing in this deal is Myers (obviously), but at 10-7-8 and 9-7-7 and not being able to pitch in the post season worth a LICK, I didn't view him as an elite pitcher. Atleast yet. He's a very good pitcher, don't get me wrong, and Im is a nice spect too but I'm sour on him partly because he took a movement hit right after I got him. But I like this deal nonetheless.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I said pass and it has nothing to do with liking someone or not. I just said it annoys me that he just signed Sheets and is now trading him, but I said whatever. I do think Holliday will last a couple more years, but it doesn't matter...I was just asking why you didn't think he'd hold up with these settings. I do think KoZ gets the better of this deal in the long run though.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

About Myers' postseason performance, in 2012, Myers pitched a great game in the NLDS series clincher to beat my Dbacks. I suppose that Prov's Cardinals then lit him up in the NLCS.

But anyway, if Holliday is as bad as nick says he is, then my question is Myers and two relief pitching prospects good enough for Kendrick? I'm not so sure that Myers, with just a little over 50% quality starts, is near Kendrick's value.

I'm undecided for right now.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It's OK by me...I can pass it
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

so I suppose this passes with a 3 passes, 0 fails, and 1 undecided.