Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Discussion

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Perhaps that's the issue, you keep raising it. If it's higher than s3sl and tpsl, and people don't run into the problem nearly as much- no where close to it- then. Perhaps.

It's an idea. More isn't everything.
    That really could go for PA or mofo's post.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    The same can't be said for your erectile function. Muahahaha
    That's what she said.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    That's what she said.
    Really? Odd, I've never had complaints.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Perhaps that's the issue, you keep raising it. If it's higher than s3sl and tpsl, and people don't run into the problem nearly as much- no where close to it- then. Perhaps.

It's an idea. More isn't everything.
    I only raised it once when I first took over. For every case of "all my specs died " there are cases of talent explosion...maybe it appears there is more talent loss due to the fact that there is more talent (i.e. deep draft, after deep draft)...if crappy guys died, no one would *****...well, almost no one.

MLB ERA

I just find it funny that all of the sudden a couple people are now *****ing after 1 bad season of development. The settings have been this way since the end of the 2009 season. No one really complained in 2010, 2011, or 2012...only a couple people now. Look at all the teams. There are plenty of teams with a lot of talented prospects. I had plenty of guys die on me with Redsfan and I've had guys die on me this year here and in TPSL (before injury).

From my understanding, a higher rate means there will be more gains and losses to go along with quicker development. My team had a lot of gains last year and some losses, too. And as I stated, adding depth makes that issue seem worse because there is more talent to begin with and that results in more talent lost.

I just don't understand what exactly you want me to do. All of the sudden you complain after nothing for over 3 seasons. Then you tell me the rate is too low and now you tell me it's too high. Which is it man? I can lower it...I can put everything at default. I know that only a couple people have complained and one of those people had no prospects because he traded most of them along with his 1st round pick.

Whatever, I can't please everyone. I will head over to the OOTP board when I get home (can't now because my work blocks that site) and see what the recommended development and aging settings are for OOTP 6.5 (unless someone wants to do that for me). We can have all the leagues the same like KoZ originally envisioned when he briefly ran the league.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

My development really hasn't been anything to shout over...if people are getting bad development, it's because IT'S A SIMULATION GAME and simulations are RANDOM. Seriously, there's no need to cry over this...the settings are fine.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I apologize...I don't mean to come off as mad...I try to please everyone, but it's impossible. I will look to the OOTP board and see what I can find (unless someone else can check and post it here). I know the development is a lot higher than TPSL for sure. I assume it's higher than S3SL, but I don't know for certain. I can lower it if I need to, but I don't want to then create more problems. Right now it's +75% out of a possible +200%...I'll check it out.

MLB ERA

I'm not *****ing...part of the game friend...and I like the way this league and all the leagues here are run and set (not that my opinion matters on this)

Just saying to KOZ, you want to *****, we've all been raped, some guys get lucky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    I'm not *****ing...part of the game friend...and I like the way this league and all the leagues here are run and set (not that my opinion matters on this)

Just saying to KOZ, you want to *****, we've all been raped, some guys get lucky.
    yea, I wasn't really referring to you. I would guess that a lot of the loss you have had has been to the fact that you've had periods of letting your team sit there...so guys don't get promoted / demoted when they should and stuff like that.

I'm going to look into it when I get home, but I haven't seen dramatic losses to every single team...I might have it to high and might lower, but we'll see.

MLB ERA

I think I will lower the development a little bit to see what happens...I don't want a drastic change and then have people complaining even more. I'll try 65% instead of 75% for now. I will lower aging to -65% as well.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    yea, I wasn't really referring to you. I would guess that a lot of the loss you have had has been to the fact that you've had periods of letting your team sit there...so guys don't get promoted / demoted when they should and stuff like that.

I'm going to look into it when I get home, but I haven't seen dramatic losses to every single team...I might have it to high and might lower, but we'll see.
    Definetly true...my losses have been on taking a conservative approach with specs, which, until I was proactive in S3SL, I hadn't learned was ****ing retarded.

But I did get talent loss from my top guys, like Albert Vega, John Lucius, and John Jones (who's still very good.)

The first two I was very proactive worth...just how the cookie crumbled

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Draft (picks only please!)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Can somebody please post the website? This new browser is making me so ****ing mad. I can't open any new links and I don't know the sites name by heart...Gosh this pisses me the **** off. (once I get the site I'll edit this post and make it a pick as wished)
    OOTP 6 Generated Website
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Yeah see that doesn't work...Can you make it look like strike3forums.com or something?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

thirdstrikesim.com
    or to get to the draft class
    thirdstrikesim.com/rookies.html
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Prov, isn't it too early to have draft picks made past 15th, since some may change hands because of free agency?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast