Thread: Toronto - St. Louis

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Toronto - St. Louis

TOR Trades:

SP Roy Halladay - 1.5 stars - $13.1 mil (through 2014)
    SP Perry Cudjoe - 5.0 star spec - MLC

Salary Subtotal: $13.1 mil

STL Trades:

1B Daric Barton - 2.5 stars - $2.5 mil (through 2016)
    SP Axel "Rose" Gomez - 1.0 star - MLC
    SS/2B Tony Giarratano - 2.0 stars - MLC

Salary Subtotal: $2.5 mil

I'm probably going to cut Halladay or he'll rot in AAA, but regardless I'm taking him to save Toronto money as he is currently about $8-9 mil over his projected revenue. Also, if this deal fails his other deal can't financially pass.

Barton *****ed about his playing time and has excelled in a reserve role. He's signed cheaply, is only 27, and gained talent last sim. Gomez could still fill out (5,5,8,7 out of 8,7,8,7). Giarratano gives him some extra depth. Obviously, Cudjoe is what I'm after and my cash cow of a team can absorb Halladay's salary.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Toronto - St. Louis

i really hate halladays contract, and dont think cudjoe is good enough to warrant taking it back, especially since a control hit might be within reason in his future. but everything youre giving back is kinda meh too, so it would be an outright steal to get cudjoe for that, i think, so taking halladay back does make some sense in that aspect... pass it.

MLB ERA

a control hit for Cudjoe or Halladay?

I wasn't going to cherry pick Henderson from him...Barton is the only good piece right now and he's not even starting for me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

cudjoe... his walk to inning numbers arent that great the last couple stops. plus hes only at 1 current as it is.

MLB ERA

let me just say daric barton rules.

I'm sort of with hammer on this. Personally, I'd be weary to take on Halladay in this situation, but then again, my team doesn't have the money, and Cudjoe isn't my type of pitcher. All personal bias aside though, and looking at your financial situation, you could affoard this... but I really hate Halladays contract, and Cudjoe's control makes me nervous. Taking into account if he loses any substancial movement, and he's dropped down to a 3.0-4.0 pitcher (somewhere in that range, I'd say) I think you might be able to find something better out there, but it's not neccesarily a bad deal... Cudjoe's only 21, so he could fill out or maybe even take a boost. plus if it helps Toronto get out of a hole, it'll keep them interested in the league, and that's a good thing too.

I'll pass it.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

it's a risk for sure...I've never been afraid of a bold move / risky move...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you ask me, I'd rather at this point have Axel "Rose" Gomez than Cudjoe. Alas, there's no major ripoff in talent here for me to veto it, just one deadweight contract that expires after next season, but Prov won't lose sleep over it.

Pass