Thread: 2013 Cubbies BLOCKBUSTER Trading Block

AAA ERA

Cubs 2013 Cubbies BLOCKBUSTER Trading Block

I am currently handcuffed in that I have no money for free agents, and I'm not good enough to beat St. Louis. So I'm looking to trade some, but probably not all of the following:

Big Bats
    (3B) David Wright - Probably not going to get many offers because of his contract. Only plus thing I can say is that it's only for two more years, and then you can probably resign him rather cheaply.

(SS/2B) B.J. Upton - With Antonio and Betancourt around I can afford to move my short stop. I usually get interest in him, except now I'm willing to listen/

(2B/3B) Wes Hodges - Solid starter who puts up solid numbers.

(LF/RF) Gary Spruell - Took a contact hit from 9 to 7. Which has happened before, so hopefully he'll re-gain it again. If not 7 contact with 10 eye isn't horrible.

(CF/RF) Fernando Martinez - Not much in the eye department, but you don't need walks if you hit like this guy.

Cy Young Candidates
    (SP) Jason Hirsh - I doubt you'll find any other ace signed this long for this cheap.

(SP) Edwin Jackson - Coming off his best season, and looks like he's ready for some monster years.

Stud Closer
    (CL) Bobby Jenks - The man throws 100+ mph, and is a lights out closer. Not so much as a setup guy where he's just normal.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2013 Cubbies BLOCKBUSTER Trading Block

you finished ahead of me last season, what are you talking about? Anything can happen in the playoffs...I'm not sure if I'd blow up your team, but then again you could stock up for the much longer string of success. So many options...I just refuse to trade Harden, Haren, and Street for example because I want to see what kind of numbers they'll end up with and to possibly go into the HoF as Cardinals.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    you finished ahead of me last season, what are you talking about? Anything can happen in the playoffs...I'm not sure if I'd blow up your team, but then again you could stock up for the much longer string of success. So many options...I just refuse to trade Harden, Haren, and Street for example because I want to see what kind of numbers they'll end up with and to possibly go into the HoF as Cardinals.
    Well I think I did better then you in the regular season due to a deeper rotation. But that rotation means jack in the playoffs. Because Harden is insane and pitches 2-3 times a series.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I had the #1 pitching so it wasn't just Harden. Granted he obviously helped those numbers, but both Haren and Gregg won 17 games and Saunders won 14 with Francis winning 10 out of the 5 spot.

Harden pitched twice in each series...as did everyone else's top guys.

Nats have interest in Wes Hodges. Anything interest you?