Minnesota - Milwaukee

Minnesota Trades:

SP Aaron Rainey - 3.5 star spec - MLC

Milwaukee Trades:

C Lou Palmisano - 1.0 star - MLC

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Minnesota - Milwaukee

fail. The pitching spec is only 22. I know he's not a stud or anything, but for a 1.0 backup catcher with no room to improve much? I don't think so. If the catcher had room to improve from a 1.0 (he would still be a 1.0 if he gained the 1 extra contact and power point), then sure...but this is garbage for a decent spec.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

fail, this is a stupid deal for the Twins
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fail. Just too much for a 3rd catcher.

MLB ERA

I know Rainey has that 1...but honestly, what kinda help is Palmisano gonna be at all for the Twins? This is classic mntwinsfan

MLB ERA

as I said, I could understand giving up a spec like that for a 1.0 player that could gain more ratings and be better than a 1.0 player, but this catcher is not that type of guy.

mntwinsfan has ruined that team. They have the lowest fain interest (15 with Mets right behind him with 19). I had to edit his "cash" last year to "0" just so he could even draft any players. The game won't let you draft players (pay them their signing bonus) if your cash is at -$5 mil...which his was.

He would only give me 1 5.0 spec for Brazelton, a 3.0 SP, but he'll give a 3.5 spec for a 1.0 player? I don't get it...don't get me wrong, I'm not mad about him trying to lowball me on Brazelton. I got what I wanted. I'm just using that situation as an example. He gave 2 5.0 specs for a lesser pitcher than Brazelton as well. It probably has more to do with me than the actual player since he "doesn't like me" lol, but whatever. He also gave a 1.0 pitcher with an average ERA of over 6.00 the last 3 seasons a $4.25 mil contract for 3 years The guy wanted a few hundred thousand to sign...and no one else even offered to him!

I don't get what he's doing...he's got some prospects now after his farm system being terrible the previous couple years, but his MLB team is in shambles. And him having prospects is due to his team sucking and KoZ's super draft and now this year's monster draft. He doesn't have those prospects for any other reason and I don't doubt that he'll trade them away anyway. I know I don't have many specs before this draft, but I just won the WS and my MLB team is very solid with not too many older guys.

I've really thought about replacing him...and I might if he continues to bash the TC and harrassle me...but for now, I'm leaving it because I don't really want to punt someone unless I really have to.

MLB ERA

I was thinking about that too...I checked out the team history and he has DESTROYED the Twins. Absolutely run them into the ground. No Santana, Mauer, Liriano, all of the useful pieces he started with are gone and now he traded Saltalamacchia too, it doesn't really make sense to me.

MLB ERA

I will PM them telling them that it failed and why...I figure since we have a "3 passes" rule, then we have a "3 fails" rule.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I was thinking about that too...I checked out the team history and he has DESTROYED the Twins. Absolutely run them into the ground. No Santana, Mauer, Liriano, all of the useful pieces he started with are gone and now he traded Saltalamacchia too, it doesn't really make sense to me.
    Well, the TC apparently thought he was getting enough for those players.

MLB ERA

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...milwaukee.html

The Santana deal was OK at the time. Rogers is there but a shell of his former self as he lost control talent...still could be useful I guess. Hardy is still there and average. Lee is gone. Eveland never developed.

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...re-hashed.html

The Mauer deal was kind of wash with Salty there, but then he traded Salty...so let me then see who he got for Salty.

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...minnesota.html

He traded Morneau, but got Kinsler...ended up trading Kinsler.

The Liriano deal...he got Murton who is still around and is decent. Cruceta lost ratings and isn't that great now. The spec lost talent.

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...ota-texas.html

The Salty deal...he also gave up Crain in this deal. He got a solid closer in Ray. A lower catcher in Iannetta. Perez is still there and OK. Hall lost talent and isn't that useful really. He traded Smith.

He traded 2 5.0 specs for Bogusevic and a 4.5 spec...not a terrible deal.

He traded Kinsler back to Texas here...he traded Feldman and the spec is in the minors...it was fair, but hasn't really helped him.

So yea, the trades have been fair for the most part, but they haven't helped his team as much as they could have. The majority of those deals have been quality for quantity...and he's had some bad luck with specs losing talent. I guess the main problem has been everything else. He hasn't managed his money well...overpays for crappy FAs and he had some bad extensions/contracts. If he doesn't trade off all of his specs and makes some FA moves next year...or better trades in the future, his team could be decent...certainly a lot better than it has been.

His team has actually been consistent winning 69, 66, 69, and 69 games the last 4 seasons...it just shows he hasn't done much to improve the team. His attendance has gone down every year. He lost money 2 of the 5 years and the years that he made money were about $5 mil on average.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

OOTP's most glaring flaw is that it never rewards someone who trades quality for quantity.

MLB ERA

I wouldn't say never...made almost never. I made out on my Sheets deal. Sheets lost some talent, got hurt, and got a really expensive contract with Oakland. Haren gained talent twice for me and won the Cy Young award. Street gained talent and is one of the best, if not the best, closer in the league. And those 2 guys played a major role in my winning it all last season.

I since traded Guti...in a package for Figgins who helped me win a WS...I then packaged him for Chavez lol. Regardless, Haren and Street made that deal for me. I certainly agree with you though that game rarely rewards that kind of a deal.

MLB ERA

oh, and your deal with Baltimore could turn out that way. Scherzer became a 3.0 SP, still has room to improve his control, and is only 26. Parkman isn't too far and McPeek is ready sans his power...of course, so far Tex-Mex is fairing a little better than Sheets did.