Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft Order / Draft Discussion goes here please!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2011 Draft Order / Draft Discussion goes here please!

I hate leaving Doty up there because he's loyal and only 18...but the 6 power hurts him a little for me. I wanted Cabrera the minute I got a 1st round pick back. He's got 4 years to develop before losing spec status. 9,8,8,10,7 talent with 6,8,10 speed. He's got great D at 3B with 9 range, .976%, and a 9 infield arm. Maybe he can learn SS or other IF positions...I just thought he was better overall compared to Doty despite the age difference.

I like Cox, too...but he's about to turn 24 and would only have 2 years to develop...I don't really need any pitching soon anyway with my starting pitchers being 29, 30, 32, 30, and 29. I can always get some pitching in the 3rd round even if it ends up being a 4.0 SP or a MR. Cabrera and Doty were much better than the top pitching guys left IMHO.

Cabrera's the guy I was hoping fell to me. Nice pick.

If anybody in the early 2nd round is looking to trade up, let me know.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post
    Cabrera's the guy I was hoping fell to me. Nice pick.
    sorry I just felt he was the best overall player left. Assuming he filled out he should at least hit 20 homers and steal about 20 bases with those ratings (and my bumping him to steal more in the personal settings). He'll play solid D at 3B and maybe he'll learn SS for me and give me some flexibility. As I said, I didn't like leaving Doty up there, but I would have regretted leaving Cabrera. I think I might change his nickname though.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Damn you!...I wanted him too
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Again, I apologize. He's the man with the master plan...I changed his nickname to "Dirtywhirl" and his number to 3...since he'll replace Chavez (assuming he fills out) and for Foxx.

MLB ERA

I almost took Cabrera at 15
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

well, thanks be to you for not taking him!

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Assuming he filled out he should at least hit 20 homers and steal about 20 bases with those ratings (and my bumping him to steal more in the personal settings).
    Are the personal settings available to those who are PMing or only those with the game? Since we seem to have done away with exports (doesn't affect me cuz I don't have the game anyway) but if you can only adjust small things like that through exports or your personal adjustments, then I think perhaps that should be disallowed to even up the playing field.

If we can make personal adjustments for each player's tendencies, could somebody make a post (or sticky) explaining what the options are and how we make those adjustments.

MLB ERA

you could...but as I explained in Brownie's "situational relievers?" thread it can get a bit complicated...and I'm seriously afraid people will go crazy with it and abuse it...people already can't follow directions for sending in trades, making changes, etc...adding more would just confuse people. I'll think about it. I personally only change a couple of my team defensive strategies and individual stealing sliders...there are other options. And to be honest I'm not 100% how much effect changing the sliders has.

edit: and it's your turn to pick BTW...did Brownie PM you?

MLB ERA

well, thanks be to you for not taking him!
    so where's my under the table payment?
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I agree with Mackus. There is advatages in the game if you have it. You can change the points on a player and move them to where you see fit.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

there are no points to change...read my reply to Brownie in the thread I mentioned. The settings that are there are all like a meter or a scale. The default settings are in the middle. You can move it up to 5 ticks to the left to do whatever it is less (stealing, pinch hitting, etc.) or you can move it up to 5 ticks to the right to do what it is more.

I need to think about it because I said there are already enough problems and I can see that causing more. One thing I will do is the promotions...which I think will still cause problems since the money comes from your "cash" and some teams are already negative...or were negative.

And actually, if you want to talk about advantages mntwinsfan, your cash was negative at draft time last year and I had to edit it to $0 so you could even draft a player. The game won't let you go more than -$5 mil in debt under "cash" and you were at that. I edited it to $0...I could have left it and you wouldn't have been able to pick anybody that required a signing bonus because of your team's financial situation.

edit: The promotional day information has been added to the FAQ.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post
    If anybody in the early 2nd round is looking to trade up, let me know.
    Still looking to trade down? I wouldn't give much for it, since it's only 2 spots, but I wouldn't mind trading up.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

you could...but as I explained in Brownie's "situational relievers?" thread it can get a bit complicated...and I'm seriously afraid people will go crazy with it and abuse it...people already can't follow directions for sending in trades, making changes, etc...adding more would just confuse people. I'll think about it. I personally only change a couple of my team defensive strategies and individual stealing sliders...there are other options. And to be honest I'm not 100% how much effect changing the sliders has.

edit: and it's your turn to pick BTW...did Brownie PM you?
    Yeah I know I'm up, thanks. I'm exploring a few trade options, but if I can't agree to anything, I'll have a pick before the weekend starts.

And I wasn't trying to stir anything up with the stealing meters etc, just curious mostly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast