2011 1st round pick
    MR Julio Mateo - 3.0 stars - $2.25 mil
    MR Brad Thompson - 3.0 stars - $4.25 mil
    LF/CF Drew Rundle - 4.0 star spec - MLC

Salary Subtotal: $6.5 mil

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Trade: San Diego - St. Louis

I love this trade for the Cardinals...great job of acquiring another frontline SP.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Trade: San Diego - St. Louis

I like this trade for myself as well (obviously)...the pick will be low, but I do plan on beefing up the draft a lot more than I did for this year. Thompson was upset about playing time and I wasn't 100% if I wanted to sign him back / keep him from reaching the service time needed to become a FA. Mateo was good while in a Cards uniform, but moving Gregg to the pen works out just as well.

I figured I'd improve the pitching since I don't see where/how to improve my offense. Beltran, Molina, and Crawford are producing quite well. Figgins and Kuntz are doing fine, too. The rest are young players / platoons. SS Santos is still filling out and had a much better month of June. 1B Head is still filling out and performing below his ratings...Wilson is playing against lefties and is 10 for 25 (.400, 4 homers, 11 RBIs) since being recalled from a brief AAA stint. RF Ramirez is playing well and platooning with Cruz...that's my entire offense. I'm not going to give up on my young guys and the other guys are producing...so there's no where for me to improve. I just have to stick it out and hope we score more runs.