Thread: San Diego OFFSEASON QUESTIONS!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

San Diego OFFSEASON QUESTIONS!!!!!!

Alright, this is where I lose my entire team every offseason.

How do I offer arbitration? How do I know for sure if it says "possible arbitration" for a player if he is eligible? How do I make sure these guys stay get their arbitration hearing if they want it? Is there a way to offer a contract without having to go through arbitration?

I need these questions answered first before I decide what direction to take.

Thanks for the help.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How do I offer arbitration? - the game automatically gives arbitration to those who are eligible for it.

How do I know for sure if it says "possible arbitration" for a player if he is eligible? - after it says "possible arbitration", it should state the conditions needed for arbitration to kick in. More often than not, it will say (or something to the effect): Possible Arbitration. Needs X days of service time this season to be eligible.

How do I make sure these guys stay get their arbitration hearing if they want it? - they should automatically get it, so all you have to do is keep them on your team (i.e. don't cut them).

Is there a way to offer a contract without having to go through arbitration? - not in OOTP 6.5. It is possible in OOTP '06, but since we went back to 6.5, that is a moot point.

Hope this clears it up for you.
    rf28

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Is there a way to offer a contract without having to go through arbitration? - not in OOTP 6.5. It is possible in OOTP '06, but since we went back to 6.5, that is a moot point.
    Well, you can offer an extension to avoid arbitration...I did that with a lot of players this season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    True, but you cannot offer an arbitration number to the player like they do in real-life.
    rf28

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    right...wasn't 100% sure what he was asking...so you can avoid it altogether, but like you said, it's not like arbitration in real life.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I SOOOO wish it was. Some of those arby awards in the game are ridiculous.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks you very much fellas.