Thread: Different Anaheim Block

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Different Anaheim Block

Seems like a wash to try and compete at this point. Although I'm not looking to frantically dispose of any veteran, I'm still willing to deal for pieces for the long haul this season or deal for the future.

Bay, Utley, Kendrick, and/or Encarnacion are still available for a good SP. I highly doubt I'd move any of those four for anything else, except maybe a good C or good CF. But I'm mostly after SPs.

Since I don't expect that to come along, anyone on the ML roster (also any veteran in the minors) besides Casey Kotchman is available. I have nothing in the wings at 1B, and since Kotchman is young and has skills I like out of a 1B, I see no reason to trade him.

Players available:
    C Ramon Hernandez, as free as the TC will allow
    1B Nitarou Shimpei
    SS Orlando Cabrera, also as free as possible
    CF Cristian Benegas
    RF Tony Alvarez
    RF Vladimer Guerrero (if you actually want him, he's going to be tough so don't bother if you're going to just tell me all of your good players aren't for trade)
    LF Juan Rivera
    CF Choo Freeman
    SP Bartolo Colon (10-5 3.38 ERA, 1.08 WHIP)
    SP Aaron Harang (2.80 ERA, .80 WHIP)
    SP Matt Morris
    SP Jason Marquis
    SP John Lackey
    Entire bullpen, including K Rod and Benitez. The vets in AAA such as Donnelly, Jones, etc. are also available.
    All of my prospects except Chad Tracy(the C) and Marcus Sanders.

Needs:
    -Still wouldn't mind moving one of the top four for starting pitching. Anyone have a solid, but high priced reliever for trade.. I can swap Hernandez or Cabrera for him. Might get more use out of a position player.
    -Sticking with the above, CF or C
    -A good reliever or two
    -Otherwise, prospects at any position except 1B or 2B

It'll depend on what happens first, if anything happens. If I get something I like that I feel I could actually compete with Oakland, I won't be looking to dump Harang, Guerrero, K Rod, etc. But if the other way happens, alls for sale.

So PM me if you have interest in something, or ideas of a trade. Or if you just happen to catch me on IM... (ha)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Scot Shields, not hard to get now. He just hasn't jelled in Anaheim this season. Also might be looking to move John Lackey too if a deal goes down, or Santos. Donnelly still around, cheap with solid ratings (7-8-7)

Also could move Utley, Bay, Encarnacion, or Kendrick in a deal for a quality SS... possibly. Still looking for a couple of SPs. Figgins possibly gone, pending approval, and Colton Carrell is gone. All prospects except Kendrick, Sanders, and Tracy are available. PM me if ya got anything
    Ted

AAA ERA
    Would you have any interest in Pettitte? I know he's not young so I don't expect to get what you might offer someone with a SP in his 20's. He just turned 35 though. So he'll still be 35 halfway into next season. My team has failed me though and I'm not competing like I thought I would (finished .500 last year. Thought Pettitte and an improved Cantu would get me a wild card berth). Anyways I'd want something decent, but not crazy. Just lemme know.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If only he wasn't signed till 2009
    Ted

AAA ERA
    He'll be 35 at the start of 08' and 36 at the start of 09'. Then he turns 37 towards the end of the year and you dump him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Still too much money there, for his age. If he was younger, then yes maybe. But I'd rather just burn at the hands of John Lackey/Victor Santos for now.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Reimold, Shields, Moreno gone pending approval.
    Still looking for another SP or SS
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    PM sent.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ideally, I'd want a SS better than a 6-8-3-4-9.

The SP still needs to be better than Marquis, especially if I deal one of my young infielders or Jason Bay.

I don't really need a reliever anymore. I'll go for a C if he's pretty good, but Napoli has been a pleasant surprise, so a C isn't a desperate need.
    Ted