Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ok, we're getting things started going now

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I agree with General and Prov here.

A) Let the people do their own damn research
    B) Let it be a snake
    A) I wish I had not mentioned anything.... The research takes all of 5 minutes if you know of another league who just finished a 2006 draft.

B) This is a tough one... In theory a draft class is meant to be drafted in a straight draft ALWAYS. The ONLY place a serpentine draft is used is a fantasy draft, in which the intent is league parity.

This is a tough decision... probably the best thing to do since there is another draft class is to delete those players from the original draft class.... or leave them and do a snake draft because it is essentially a "fantasy" part of this particular time.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA
    Wouldnt basing the order off of last year standing be kinda unfair? I mean teams would be getting two 5.0P in a span of 2 months with this draft and then the regular draft.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA
    **** that gimme the screencaps...or I'll take a list for some rep...

and Oriole there are some people who need to sort through because they don't have oodles of people in leagues.

And Yankees want a snake...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    All free agents are available in the draft...not just the guys from the original draft class that was mixed in due to changing the draft date...and since there will be a regular amateur draft that will be straight for the teams with the worst records...snake makes sense to me because it is a one time thing and it really isn't fair to reward the same teams twice since it will never happen again.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    **** that gimme the screencaps...or I'll take a list for some rep...

and Oriole there are some people who need to sort through because they don't have oodles of people in leagues.

And Yankees want a snake...
    do your own research lazy...and if you wanted to give everything to the little teams like you said, then you wouldn't say you wanted a snake draft you hypocrite.

MLB ERA
    Hey buddy, I want what's best for my team and if we're going for the draft I'm not gonna ****ing roll over. Hypocrite is a harsh word, at least I was trying to be judicious but you act somewhat cutthroat in only looking out for your team and not really trying to help others, just yourself.

My division is full of teams like mine and if they get their picks, I want mine. Not to mention even if I didn't want a snake draft, it would be done anyway. You're calling me a hypocrite for agreeing with you by the way. Whatever happened to "never, ever joining" this league?

You're the hypocrite *****.

For my snake draft reasoning, it's simple: this is not an amateur draft. This is a free agent pool. It's a stacked one because prospects got dumped in. The mere fact that Redsfan is letting be a draft instead of a free-for-all is a victory for the smaller markets and worse teams.

This is not a situation MEANT to improve worse teams, this is a gift, and should be as equal as possible, and that equality would be achieved by a snake draft
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I got my hatablockas onnnnnnnn.

Just figured I'd add to this in depth discussion.

MLB ERA
    I said I wouldn't join as long as 2006 was used. And as I've said since the extra draft issue came up and players were found to be missing...many teams were missing players, not just mine. I said if we went the route of putting the players on their real teams, that the missing players would need to be created since many teams including lesser teams were missing players. You need to read all the posts before you say stuff like I'm only out for my team. With every decision I've said I'd do what is most fair to everyone.

The only reason I picked the Cardinals was because I had followed them when Big Mac was there and liked them for that period. I don't care, I'll switch teams with a lesser team if someone wants. I didn't pick them because I wanted a stacked team or whatever...when I picked them I thought we were doing a fantasy draft.

So if anyone wants the Cardinals, I will trade...I don't ****ing care.

MLB ERA
    For my snake draft reasoning, it's simple: this is not an amateur draft. This is a free agent pool. It's a stacked one because prospects got dumped in. The mere fact that Redsfan is letting be a draft instead of a free-for-all is a victory for the smaller markets and worse teams.

This is not a situation MEANT to improve worse teams, this is a gift, and should be as equal as possible, and that equality would be achieved by a snake draft
    Well, since the Miller, Longoria, and Morrow's of the world are technically property of the worse teams then doesn't it kind of make this an amateur draft? A free for all would be a horrible idea. I really don't care, just trying to improve the crap fest that is TB.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Well said.

MLB ERA
    Exactly MF87. I thought the same thing. But if people want to give me more advantages, I'm done turning them down.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Well, since the Miller, Longoria, and Morrow's of the world are technically property of the worse teams then doesn't it kind of make this an amateur draft? A free for all would be a horrible idea. I really don't care, just trying to improve the crap fest that is TB.
    Hey, if you want to give me Daniel Bard, which according to the ratings should go a good ten picks ahead of me, I would be fine. But, if you want to be technical, none of these prospects are the property of anyone since it is 4/1/06 in the game, and the likes of Longoria, Miller, et. al. were players to be chosen.

But if you want to give the Sox Laporta and Bard, be my guest.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    with the lack of hochevar... leaving me without the number 1 pick in the draft, if we just handed out talent... im down with just drafting these cats.

in which case... max scherzer is the first pick overall.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345