View Poll Results: What do I do with the former draftees that are now FA's

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Put them on the teams that drafted them in real-life

11 55.00%
  • Do a FA draft like we have done before.

9 45.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll 4: Free Agents

Los Angelos Dodgers GM
    Rookie ERA

Dodgers Dodgers

I don't see the Dodger's first round pick. IMO, we should just have a draft among ourselves. People are complaining about their picks not being there, and their picks being underrated. We would have to make players, which is problematic, and leads to arguements. If we have a draft ourselves, there would be less complaints.

i honestly don't know who the hell the injuns drafted, so I'm fine with just editting in draft picks or putting the semi-fake players onto the teams... that said, i'd oblige to a free agency draft as well if thats what the majority wanted.

whatever will get the league started quicker, and in a less complicated fashion
    WELL MR MAYOR, FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS SPIN DOCTORS MIX TAPE
    cleveland steamers gm in tssl
    walker texas rangers gm in tpsl

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Typically, the first one or two rounds are in the included draft file in the rosters and then its pretty much non-real players.
    The Cardinals had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds and only 2 of the players (both position players) are in the game...the top 3 players (all pitchers) as I said, are not in the game though.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDawkins
    i honestly don't know who the hell the injuns drafted, so I'm fine with just editting in draft picks or putting the semi-fake players onto the teams... that said, i'd oblige to a free agency draft as well if thats what the majority wanted.

whatever will get the league started quicker, and in a less complicated fashion
    2 of your 5 picks from the first 2 rounds are in the game...your top pick, a LHP, is not in the game.

MLB ERA
    I don't remember who the Yankees picked. But I feel it would be better to give the teams their players, even though I mistakenly voted for the wrong option. This is more of a way for the big teams to get greedy, and I haven't heard much from the little teams. STL getting a guy like Evan Longoria is just BS considering he had no claim to him ever. It's nice to think that you could get a 5 star spec, but imagine missing out on your top spec because some greedy team swept in and got him?

MLB ERA
    you are a big team Dry...the biggest team actually...I never said I wanted other team's picks such as the player you named...you're also forgetting that these players were going to be drafted this season in the game and therefore were never on any team to begin with; they only are now being considered so due to an error...so if they were going to be drafted in the first place, then I don't see that as being a big deal.

It would probably be easier just to put them on their own teams, but regardless, I don't think it's fair if the players missing are not included. It's not just my team that is missing players that were drafted. KC is missing players, CLE is missing players, ATL is missing players, etc.

If those players aren't adequately replaced, then you're basically punishing teams because some asshole forgot to include players that were picked in the first 2 rounds in a draft file (not redsfan28, whoever created the file)...that's even less fair doing a draft of the players available.

I'd rather the players get put on the teams to be honest, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get screwed out of 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder in real life...all of which were pitchers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather see them put on their real team.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There were some picks who were simply not in the roster file. Doing them justice would be difficult.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Delete them.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think you misunderstood. Some of the true first round picks are missing in the roster file.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Alright then, if there is no Hochevar, give KC a nice prospect that has no team?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Alright then, if there is no Hochevar, give KC a nice prospect that has no team?
    are you going to give me two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder? Because that's what St. Louis lost with the draft roster file...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    I think you misunderstood. Some of the true first round picks are missing in the roster file.
    Then we don't have a choice. There must be a free agent draft.

Each person will get one pick per round, we don't have to be perfectly realistic. I'd love it if there were supplementary picks and multiple first rounders (I'd have New York's first and some supps), but that's too strange to enforce.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Each person will get one pick per round, we don't have to be perfectly realistic. I'd love it if there were supplementary picks and multiple first rounders (I'd have New York's first and some supps), but that's too strange to enforce.
    I wasn't saying we should do that...just saying that if we give the real players to the real teams, then I'm out 3 players...and if you're going to give some teams players to make up for it, then you'd have to do that for all the teams who are missing real players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast