Thread: Random Offseason Thoughts....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Random Offseason Thoughts....

Who you think would be AL or NL GM of the year? just a thought.

AL=Vancouver
    NL=St. Louis

You really changed Vancouver into a good team, with most help from me.

Mattymo has done a great job with St. Louis.....

MLB ERA
    I agree with both of those. Porter did a great job turning around a weak team. MattyMo did a great job of building and maintaining a great team in a tough division.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wonder who i would get in relalignment.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I agree with both of those. Porter did a great job turning around a weak team. MattyMo did a great job of building and maintaining a great team in a tough division.
    I agree both have done a wonderful job with their teams. I doubt if many thought Vancouver would win the division (I personally thought they would get wild card with me, texas, new orleans, and seattle beating the crap out of each other and causing only one to get in from the AL West).

Now teams will be gunning for him as the defending division champ.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I think I will shock some people.....although there really isn't anywhere to go but up after a 53 win season. I am looking for Colorado to produce somewhere around 70-75 wins this year.

MLB ERA
    Rate your teams offseason and others:
    Biggest Mover: Philadelphia (what like 20 fas this year? What were you trying to do say you have a brand new team literally? LOL)
    Answering needs: I knew I should have bumped my offer to Vazquez . Otherwise I went in looking to fill a void in the pen left by the departed Antonio Osuna and feel as though signing Duckworth will be well worth it. Did I mention how much I am kicking myself for not uping that offer to Vazquez?
    My Offseason: B- I would have liked to added Vazquez to the front of my rotation but I cannot be too disappointed filling a major weakness defensively and offensively last year at 2b and ss.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Whatabout my offseason moves, Cut payroll, got some real good players. I have a great player in gumpton.. I think this year the Astros will make a major inprovment in the wins department. Just the deal with Diamond dave has made my team much better. My grade c+ to B-.

WHat do you experts think? Any input will be helpful.

Jason
    Astros GM
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I would have to say that I've had the best offseason and I was definitely the biggest mover this season. My team was improved so much. I came into the offseason with goals, and I reached each and everyone of them. My offseason is definitely an A.

There are some other teams that impressed me by making some decent moves such as Savannah and Minnesota. They really had some decent offseasons. I'm sure there are others out there who had some decent offseasons that I'm just forgetting.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    New Faces:
    RP Francisco Cordero
    CP Dueaner Sanchez
    RP Mike DeJean
    CF Termel Sledge
    1B Enoch Ives
    CF Franklin Gutierrez
    SP Francis Rivero
    RP Matt Roney

Losses
    OF Jamal Strong
    OF Bernie Williams
    3B Robert Avita
    RP Brandon Duckworth
    2B Brent Abernathy

Overall: I readded depth to the pen. Got the CF that could stabilize that situation. Probably still need a new 4th OF. I got the Closer i needed and got 3 pretty solid spects. Overall i give my self a B+

I like what Philly, Anaheim, Seattle, Savannah and Minnesota did in the offseason among the other teams. Colorado got better for they couldnt be any worse than last season? Could they?

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Whatabout my offseason moves, Cut payroll, got some real good players. I have a great player in gumpton.. I think this year the Astros will make a major inprovment in the wins department. Just the deal with Diamond dave has made my team much better. My grade c+ to B-.

WHat do you experts think? Any input will be helpful.

Jason
    Astros GM

You added a lot more depth in the minors with your deals. If your looking toward the future (which im going to assume) then i think you did a pretty solid job. Id give it a B- to a B. If your not. then C+ to B- as you said.

Porter
    Vultures GM

MLB ERA
    I think I did alright. I got 3 new SP(Tony Armas Jr., Kevin Millwood, Randy Wolf), but lost Johan Santana. I got a closer in Ray King(5.0), IF help with 2B Chase Utley, and 3B Bill Mueller, OF help in Juan Rivera, and another pretty good C in Matt Lecroy.

Time will tell if I'll be able to compete. I hope to at least get 2nd or 3rd in the West, and then start really competeing next year.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.