Thread: 2009 CSKA Lviv

2009 CSKA Lviv

Well, lets preview the season:

My offense may be mediocre, with the only real impact player being BJ Upton, but my pitching staff is very solid, with Olsen, Hudson, Wood, Sanchez (who better rebound), and McCarthy. Colter Bean will be a welcome addition to the pen, taking the place of departed reliever Bobby Thigpen. Ultimately, I'd like to add one more reliever to help out Boyer, Narron and Lyon in middle relief, though I'm confident Kenneth Simkins can fulfill that role.

Projected lineups:

RF Butler
    3B Upton
    1B Nick Johnson
    DH Dan Johnson
    SS Tejada
    C Martinez/Barrett (they will split time)
    2B Giles
    LF Patterson
    CF Dawson

Pitching:

Olsen
    Hudson
    Sanchez
    Wood
    McCarthy

MO: Ryan Tucker, AAA or Lance Broadway, AAA, probably Tucker to get him some more ML experience.

MR: Blaine Boyer, Sam Narron, Brandon Lyon, Kenneth Simkins (possibly, with a good ST)

SU: Colter Bean

CP: Ricardo Perez

Bench:

C Barrett/Martinez (both will start, probably 50/50)

1B/2B/PR Ruddy Yan-speed off the bench and decent defense at 1B and 2B.

SS/2B/3B Erick Aybar-plays good defense, great gap, solid young player off the bench.

SS/2B/CF Juan Uribe-an older Erick Aybar, great defense and gap, probably a late-inning replacement.

1B/3B/LF/RF Brandon Inge-nothing special with the bat, but a good defensive sub with versatility.

OF Brian Anderson-will be the main OF sub, possibly getting some starts if someone struggles.

OF Eric Reed-makes his triumphant return to the CSKA bench after spending 2008 in the minors. Speed never slumps!

1B John Gall-decent hitter, deserves an ML opportunity, might not get it here.

Might possibly see PT during the season, or maybe even start:

C/2B/SS/LF/CF/RF Felix Pie-needs another good ST to make the bench, possibly might take over for a struggling OFer or be traded.

SP Stuart Pomeranz-first full season after coming back from surgery, might make the pen. Same for Ryan Tucker.

Prediction: 95-67, 1st place in the NL International.

Thoughts/suggestions?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    85-89 wins is more likely. I don't think anyone in the division can get more than 90 with the NL as deep as it is.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Is Alaska in the NL? Cause that's a bunch of cheap wins for me!

Na they're in the AL.

Damnit. And Slyder's there too, the coward.

I don't know, I have a good feeling about this team. Last year it was full of underachievers, with Beltran and Butler barely batting above .200, Sanchez pitching awfully, Perez blowing games left and right, V-Mart being done for the year, and Tejada slumping. I just think so many disasters won't happen this year, at least I hope.