Thread: Breakdown of the AL West

Breakdown of the AL West

Some may say that we are a weak division. This division has potential to be very strong. San Diego, Anaheim, LV, and Washington all have talent and all have the ability to win this division down the road. This here is a breakdown of each team individually.

Lets start off with the expansion team, San Diego Surfdawgs. What can I say, they did alright in the expansion draft. To be truthful, I really didnt pay attention to every pick they made. They signed Brian Meadows in FA. (Atleast that's the only signing that shows on their team page), Brian Meadows could actually be an alright RP. I know that I did look at Meadows in the Free agency and almost offered him a deal. Prediction: Last place (It's obvious. They're a new team. They'll have some time before they can really start to compete)

Next we go onto a decent team, the Las Vegas Express. If the GM pays a lil more attention to these guys and plays his players the right way. He could be a good team. I know for sure the Gutierrez should be at the 5 spot. Cause that's the only spot that he found success in while he was on my team. The rotation is very strong with the addition of Erik Bedard this offseason. While the bullpen is alright, only decent RP I see is Farnsworth. Their offense has been really improved from this offseason, but I think it still can be better. Theres room for improvement. Prediction: 3rd place (Anaheim and Washington are going to lead this division. The bullpen needs to be improved. While the offense needs to grow some. They could definitely compete to win this division in the future.)

On to the worst team in this division, the Washington Wildcats. I'm pretty much biased. I don't feel like jinxing my team at all. Prediction: Undecided. (If somebody wants to, they can write about my team, but i'll pass. Please, Raphictor, save the shit. I'm trying to be serious in this thread.)

Anyways, the Anaheim Angels. He's surely not shy about the question marks he has in the rotation. (Though Oswalt is great) It's painfully obvious that Rijo hates being an Angel, so he's going to suck, until Slyder gets frustrated and trades him away. Yah, I caught up with Rijo while he was heading into a gym. "I hate Anaheim. I hate everything about the team. Ship me off to Washington or somewhere." Yah, he didn't look to happy. The offense could be great with Sabo, Gonzalez, Young. His IF could be a problem. This team's bullpen is just crazy good. Prediction: Undecided. (It's still a young team. But they could surprise people)

Well that was my try at breaking down the AL West. Hope you guys liked it. Crazy, participation points.

Crazy, if you want to give me article points, go ahead. I really didn't consider this an article, because it just seemed small to me. Some may consider it to be an article and worthy of putting it up on the website. Oh well, up to you.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ah rock from a contender to 3rd.. Hmm guess I have to prove you and the world wrong! I will post tonight on the divison, off to work..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL