View Poll Results: How many players should teams be allowed to protect?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 players

1 5.88%
  • 20 players

1 5.88%
  • 25 players

15 88.24%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Draft Question

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    You might be right, but I just don't see that happening. Even protecting 20 players, the expansion teams would be far from good. 25 players is fine with me, but I think 20 would give the expansion teams a chance to build for their future. I'm not even concerned about them being competetive now... I just don't seeing any good spects being available, but I may be wrong.
    I see plenty of 3.5 and a decent amount of 4.0 spects that could probably be available... I know that no 5.0's will be, but so be it.... protecting a 5.0 spect will make a 3.0 or 2.5 ML player unprotected....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Rookie ERA
    Aren't they getting high ammy picks too?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Expansion teams are getting the short end of the stick, but that's what is supposed to happen. If you want to balance it out without screwing over teams who have traded top talent to get the prospects of their farm, then allow all three expansion teams to create one player (with limits determined by you) to bolster their farm and give them one true piece they can start to build around or whatever.
    Now THAT could work

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Now THAT could work
    *points to Jamoo's post* Aren't they already getting that great ammy player to build with?
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Basically I think they will be getting a good ammy pick.. .and a 3.5 from expenasion (maybe an unprotected 4.0)... if they could get ahold of another 4.5 or so spect thru creation, they would have a resemblance of a farm team to watch grow as they struggle thru the first couple of seasons....

AA ERA
    I get what you are thinking, but I think we should wait until after the draft to give them that created player. Just by looking at some of the teams, I know the deeper ones are going to be leaving a few 4's available to the draft.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    I hear ya, and I can see that being a good way to go

25, I dont see why she be worried about whether they are good or not. its not as if expansion teams are ever good in real life. I dont see any reason whatsoever to be concerned with them getting good players right off the bat.

Rookie ERA
    Another thing to consider are historical players. If they're especially active GMs, they can expect to gain a Hall of Famer in the first few seasons. They can build their teams through smart expansion drafts, trading, upgraded ammy picks, AND by being active and earning the right to choose any all time great.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I see plenty of 3.5 and a decent amount of 4.0 spects that could probably be available... I know that no 5.0's will be, but so be it.... protecting a 5.0 spect will make a 3.0 or 2.5 ML player unprotected....
    Do you really think there will be spects like that available? There may be, but I don't see it. If there are...then 25 is fine. If the best spect that is available is a 3 star spect, then those expansion teams will never be competetive. Is that what we want? Obviously...25 players is the popular vote, and I'm fine with that. I just wanted to make sure we considered anotehr option. If there are at least some decent spects left for the draft, then that's all I'm concerned about. I can just see teams protecting any decent along with any ML player worth keeping. Leaving any over priced mid 30's players available for the draft. Expansion teams shouldn't be competeitve now, but they should have some hope of being competetive in the future.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    I get what you are thinking, but I think we should wait until after the draft to give them that created player. Just by looking at some of the teams, I know the deeper ones are going to be leaving a few 4's available to the draft.
    If you're right...then 25 is a good limit, but I still have my doubts that any will be available.

Rookie ERA
    When is the expansion draft?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I second that opinion, Crazy. Maybe my team has the worst depth in the league, but I even got to protect 1.0 players who are only marginally useful.

Honestly, with 25 players protected per team the Dodgers are better before the draft, i don't care about that.. but, i'm just saying. Take a look at what the Dodgers have now, even with my "superior" draft skills the team is probably going to be worse.
    The draft that is going on right now i assume that is the amateur draft, which is why the Dodgers or the expansion teams don't get a pick?

Rookie ERA
    The draft going on now is the Dodgers dispersal draft.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast