View Poll Results: Which option should we use?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Historical Players

9 50.00%
  • Created Players

3 16.67%
  • Both

6 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historical Players or Created Players?

MLB ERA

Historical Players or Created Players?

It's been rehashed over and over in the other threads, but please let us know what you prefer.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think both would work since we use a mixed draft class.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    It's a split decision so far.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Are historical players originally created players that are then edited?

MLB ERA
    Nope... I import the historical players into the game. OOTP has a database setup for historical leagues, and you can import any historical player from any year. For example, for the drafts I import players from the beginning of their career. You could import a player in their prime or at any other time in their career.

MLB ERA
    Ok...I'll work on a plan today for an option to add historical players. We may include a way to create your own player in the future, but for now they will be historical players.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Crazyeights,

I know this has been talked about before but, why not allow a created player ( yourself) most leagues have something like that in place already. Your player of you can not be traded. Also he is under a long term contract.

Historical players should be harder to get also cost the most. Can you post a list if possible with player ratings so we have an idea to what we want?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Crazyeights,

I know this has been talked about before but, why not allow a created player ( yourself) most leagues have something like that in place already. Your player of you can not be traded. Also he is under a long term contract.
    We will eventually have have the option of creating a player in the league, but not right now. The majority of the league likes the idea of having the option of adding historical players, and I don't want to add both at the same time. We will give it a few seasons at least before we add created players, but I do have plans for doing that. It probably won't be based on the points system though

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Historical players should be harder to get also cost the most. Can you post a list if possible with player ratings so we have an idea to what we want?
    That just isn't possible. There are hundreds of thousands of players that could be used. Every single player that has ever played in the MLB will be available. I'll post more info on the ratings, and how this process will work though later today.

That's ****ing gay. I don't want historical players. We have them already. This adds nothing to the league.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    A good majority of the GMs that voted on in the poll do want it. The historical players in the league now are mostly from the 80s. This will allow players that played prior to the 80s be added to the league.

MLB ERA
    yeah, but creating a player is more fun. And why do we need more historical players?

MLB ERA
    Like I said... creating players will be an option in the future.

AA ERA
    The score could be 9-7 depending on how you look at it. I mean, if people that wanted created players, but would be open to historical ones as well, voted for both and the guys who wanted purely historical voted historical, then the votes are skewed. But that's an if. And I like the created option since we already have historical via draft. I voted both. And that was because I thought that those who wanted that Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, or Willie Mayes could get them via that route.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    The score could be 9-7 depending on how you look at it. I mean, if people that wanted created players, but would be open to historical ones as well, voted for both and the guys who wanted purely historical voted historical, then the votes are skewed. But that's an if. And I like the created option since we already have historical via draft. I voted both. And that was because I thought that those who wanted that Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, or Willie Mayes could get them via that route.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

To make all parties happy, we should go with the historical players (created from the points you accumulate thru site activity) and allow every team to create 1 player from a certain point limit.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    ::vomit::

By created players, dont you just mean auto-generated players by the game?
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast