Thread: Defending AL West Champs.... Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Defending AL West Champs.... Anaheim Angels

So begins another year in Anaheim as Slyder continues to work to rebuild Anaheim to pre-strike level where they had the best record in the AL. Free Agency was really really boring as the team chose to avoid the chaos and free spending only landing Edgardo Alfonso, a bunch of 21-22 yr old spects, Utility Infielder Esteban German, and the biggest signing of all.... Keith Foulke, yes it was THAT boring in Disneyland.

But since Free Agency ended Anaheim still saw holes and went out and traded a few spects, Torii Hunter, and a 3rd rd pick in order to acquire Paul LoDuca (to solidify the backup position, Cause Mauer cant catch 162 games like I want ), Nomar Garciaparra starting SS again hopefully he can stay healthy or at least give me time to find someone younger, and Tom Browning. In the playoffs last year the Angels defeated the Philadelphia Phillies inspite of having to use a reliever to start the game and then Wagner take it the rest of the way for Farnsy to finish.

The Pen remains the strong point of the team just like last year.
    Closer: TBD- Both Farnsworth and Wagner could win this role out of spring training but I have yet to decide who.
    Setup: TBD- Depending on how Foulke does I might have 4 different guys I could use in this Role.
    Middle Relief- Colon was a stud for me last year and is back, will be asked to take a similar role to last year along with Foulke and whoever doesnt win a setup role.

The Rotation was pretty much Bonderman, Pavano, then pray for rain last year. The Team hopes to change that with Acquisition of Tom Browning.

Ace: Jeremy Bonderman
    #2: Carl "Old Man" Pavano
    #3: Tom "Mr. Perfect" Browning
    #4: TBD
    #5: TBD

More on the lineups in tomarrow's paper.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Well first off, he's lucky the Browning trade passed. Not to mention, it was a pleasure ripping him off in the Lo Duca trade. To end it off, the best record in the AL pre strike.

Seriously, not a bad team at all. Don't remember last years playoffs, seriously.

Ah anyways, you should definitely win the division. While Van. lands 2nd, Sea. and Crazy lands 3rd, and LV in dead last.

Yup, can't wait to hear what mntwinsfan has to say. {Note sarcasm}

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    me last! doubt that will happen. I can remind you of how slyder beat up on your phillies! Again you can't pick a winner. I think you might do better at,,, well there is nothing your good at.. When the dust settles Las Vegas will be a playoff team at the end of this new season!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Ah, you'll never reach the playoffs. Especially when you're in a division with Crazy, Porter, and Slyder. Keep talking up the ass.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    lets see i beat porter and slyder what else is new?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Without further adue.... The Anaheim Angels Offense.

The only player who didnt start last year, toward the end of the year, for the Angels was Nomar Garciaparra as he tries to rebuild his one storied career in a smaller park and more "friendly" conditions.

Everyday starters:
    Catcher- Joe Mauer is back after hitting .294 last year with Paul LoDuca backing him up, since catchers are pansies and cant play every 162 games .

First Base- Kent Hrbek's back in Minnesota and looks to continue the good year he had last year. Ross Gload looks to be the backup with the departure of Travis Lee to Colorado.

Second Base- Ronnie Belliard, one of the few 30+ guys must feel like he's running a day care, but hes still got the best defense at 2b right now. Yuniesky Betancourt, hes got the tools to be a good player, but his defense has been questioned. Omar Infante will serve as first callup to play Middle Infield if needed, but I hope Omar goes to AAA and completes his development.

Shortstop- From All Star to high risk player, Nomar cant seem to shake the injury bug. Betancourt and FA acquistion Edgardo Alfonso will take up the void if something happens to Nomar.

3rd Base- All Star "Hammerin" Hank Blaylock looks to repeat his All star season from a year ago.

Right Field- Jermaine Dye, best hitter on the team last year, looks to gun down more saps trying to get too greedy.

Center Field- Rocco Baldelli, started in LF last year with Torii Hunter in CF, as the season went on Rocco showed why he should be the everyday CF and Torii asked for a trade.

Left Field- Bo Jackson, made a good impact in the playoffs last year hitting .316 after spending much of the time refining his defense in LF at AA, now he's a competant defender that looks for a breakout season for Anaheim.

Designated Hitter- Yuniesky Betancourt, has the tools to be a solid hitter, can he find the stride to get him going?

Bench-
    Paul LoDuca- Catcher, good swing vs LHP will backup for Mauer every once in a while vs LHP to keep Mauer fresh.
    Wil Cordero- Shouldnt see playing time in the field, still a very solid bat off the bench.
    Ross Gload- 1b, decent LH bat, with some power potential hit well in spot starts and limited use last year.
    Bubba Crosby- OF, takes over as 4th of this year having fair range in all OF positions. This should keep me from having to use someone like Infante in LF again this season cause of injuries.
    Edgardo Alfonso- Inf, older cheap player shoudl be mostly late inning defensive replacement since we dont use double switches without the pitcher hitting.

Feel free to comment.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

LoDuca went from a contender to a pretender. I feel bad for him.

MLB ERA
    LoDuca went from being a small fish in a big pond to being a big fish in a small pond, i wouldnt feel as bad for him as I do you .

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

I wouldn't exactly call us a small fish, we're more of the big fish in the big pond.

MLB ERA

Lineup

Lineup
    1 Belliard 2b R
    2 Baldelli CF R
    3 Blaylock 3b L
    4 Dye RF R
    5 Jackson LF R
    6 Mauer C L
    7 Hrbek 1b L
    8 Garciaparra SS R
    9 Betancourt DH R

Feel free to comment.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

You didn't take my advice. Those are your good players.