Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Padres NBA Playoffs

Well first off, tonight will settle the question of who gets the last spot in the East: will it be New Jersey or will it be Cleveland? If New Jersey beats Boston, they're in. But if the Nets lose and if Cleveland beats Toronto, then Cleveland is in. I would just LOVE for Toronto to lay down and lose badly tonight, so that they can get their revenge on Vince Carter and keep him out of the playoffs. Plus, LeBron has had much too great of a season not to make the playoffs. He's carried that team of talentless losers way too much, and the NBA needs its biggest money maker in the postseason. PREDICTION: Cleveland makes it, as Boston beats NJ.

Now, for the matchups that are known in the West. I like Phoenix over Memphis in 5 games, Dallas over Houston in 7 games, Seattle over Sacramento in 5 games, San Antonio over Denver in a sweep. And in the East, all we know right now is Wiz-Bulls, in which I like Chicago in 7 games.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You really think Toronto is going to lay down to let VC get into the playoffs? I bet not.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    You really think Toronto is going to lay down to let VC get into the playoffs? I bet not.
    Toronto plays Cleveland. If Toronto lays down, that means Cleveland wins, which helps the chances of VC missing the playoffs.

(Of course, the Nets have to lose to Boston, too.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Toronto plays Cleveland. If Toronto lays down, that means Cleveland wins, which helps the chances of VC missing the playoffs.

(Of course, the Nets have to lose to Boston, too.)

I think Boston would lay down cause they have nothing to play for lol.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Nets will lose to Boston, and the Cavs will blow a 35 point 4th quarter lead to lose the game against Toronto.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The NBA will make sure that LeBron makes it to the playoffs.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Lebron or Vince Carter + Jason Kidd...

Not losing much either way...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Other than the Winner of the 8 spot gets the Heat to start the playoffs

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I'm proud of the Chi-Town Bulls on maken it to the Playoffs and i wish them the best of luck!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Boston's beating up on Jersey 49-39... and Cleveland is beating up on Toronto 46-37! Just like it's supposed to be. If things stay the same, Cleveland is in!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    8:20 pm EDT

Nets - 47
    Celtics - 58 [HALFTIME]

Cavs - 62
    Raptors - 47 [HALFTIME]

Hmm ...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nets 79, Boston 66, end of 3rd. Better luck next year, LeBron.

Stupid Celtics had to take Pierce and Walker out early. (Though that's the right move for them. Still.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't feel one bit bad for any of the Cavs fans in this area. I will rub it in with no cease.

MLB ERA
    ;( ;( ;( NOOOOOOOO. Dangit man. Good luck next year LeBron!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA
    Since we are one more day away till the second season starts, it's time to make predictions and gives takes to why that particular team will win the first round.

Eastern Conference in First Round:

Heat vs. Nets -- Miami will sweep the Nets in 4 games. I keep reading how the Nets will scare the Heat especially with Shaq may be unable to play a game in the playoffs. I still think Miami will beat the Nets or even sweep em without Shaq. I just like Miami's starting lineup a lot better and they got a better bench. Nets are not that good at all. I thought they backed in thanks to the Cavs choking in the season. I give the Nets credit for making the most out of a rough situation this year, but the bottom line is that the Cavs just fell apart in the end with the firing of Paul Silas and the fact Lebron had no trust with his teammates in the end. This is a mismatch IMO

Pistons/Sixers -- AI has had a great year and I am sure he is going to will his team with a win, but the bottom line is the Pistons are a better team and they got a better bench. They are very experienced. Pistons in 6

Celtics/Pacers -- This should be a good series as this first round matchup is a rematch of last year. I think Boston is going to fare a lot better against the Pacers this year as they won't get swept. With that said, I will take the Pacers. Pacers seem to dominate Boston and I just think they got a better team. Celtics do have a good bench with the rookies there. Still I will take my chances with the Pacers. I trust Rick Carlisle to find a way to outcoach Doc Rivers. Pacers in 5.

Washington/Chicago -- Scott Skiles's Bulls has had a great year and I can't say enough about the job Skiles has done this year as he should win the Coach of the Year. With that said, the magic run is over. Bulls got some injuries with Deng and Curry out. Chandler will be playing hurt. Gordon is slumping. I just think Washington got veteran saviness to beat the Bulls. Wizards in 6

Western Conference First Round:

Memphis/Phoenix: Memphis are thankful to avoid the Spurs in the first round as they got swept last year. They got a better shot of beating the Suns in the first round than the Spurs. Memphis has played Phoenix tough this year as the series was 2-2 in the regular season. Memphis can do a good job slowing Phoenix fast-pace offense. With that said, I can't see Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, and company going down early in the first round. I just can't. Phoenix in 6

Spurs/Nuggets -- What a job George Karl has done. He is a great story. After the way he finished his Bucks career, it's good to see him make the most of his opportunity with the Nuggets. He has done a great job getting the most out of his roster unlike his predecessor, Jeff Bzdelik. His offense seems to suit well for Andre Miller and Kenyon Martin. Melo has done good too. With that said, this is not a great matchup for the Nuggets as they were better off facing a team like the Supersonics in which they would have likely beat them. Spurs are too polished and experienced. Duncan will have a field day against Camby. I am sure Karl can get two wins in this playoff series and I am sure Denver will be a lot better this time around than last year against Minnesota in the playoffs, but in the end, Spurs will prevail. Spurs in 6.

Sonics/Kings -- This is the best matchup Seattle can ask for. They matchup well against the Kings. They have dominated Sacramento all year. Seattle play good defense and Kings are going to find that the hard way. Seattle has lot of firepower than Sacramento. Seattle in 6

Mavericks/Rockets -- This is by far the best playoff series of the first round for sure. Houston has played very well as the season went along. McGrady has had a great season and Yao has done good. Rockets have a good bench. Dallas has done pretty well under Avery Johnson, but it will be interesting how Johnson fares against his counterpart, Jeff Van Gundy with Xs and Os. One thing going for Avery is that he has emphasized his team to play defense. I think that will help Dallas in this round. It should be fun to see Dirk and Tracy to do their thing for their respective teams. With that said, I just like Dallas better here. Dallas in 7

I think it will be Spurs vs. Heat in the Finals with Miami winning it in 7.

It should be a good playoff run as always. I am hoping it will be a Phoenix vs. Miami Final. Talk about both teams scoring at a average of 110 points.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast