Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No one listen to Steak's predictions, this is the same dude who said the Timberwolves would win 72 games this year.

Pistons are going all the way again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Round 1

Nets-Heat:
    Sixers-Pistons: Pistons in 6 (Philly will win 2 @ Home)
    Pacers-Celts: Celts in 7
    Wizards-Bulls: Bulls in 6
    Grizz-Suns: Suns in 6 (Grizz have a lot of depth and could cause matchup problems, they split the season series)
    Nuggets-Spurs: Spurs in 6 (Nuggets playing too damn well to be swept.)
    Kings-Sonics: Sonics in 7 (someone has to win this series)
    Rockets-Mavs: Rockets in 7 (This is the best series of the 8)

Round 2

Bulls-Heat: Eddie Curry not being there really hurts their chances.
    Celts-Pistons: Pistons in 5 (Pistons are too deep for the Celts right now)
    Rockets-Suns: Suns in 7 (McGrady-Yao could cause huge problems for the Suns)
    Sonics-Spurs: Spurs in 6, (5 if Duncan is healthy by then)

Conference Finals
    Pistons-Heat: Pistons in 7 (Hard-fought series but Pistons will figure out a way to contain everyone not named Wade-Oneal)
    Spurs-Suns: Spurs in 6 (Suns will be too beat up from the Rockets AND Grizz)

Finals
    Pistons-Spurs: Spurs in 7 (Tim Duncan MVP)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    DK: I was off with the 72 wins, but most experts did say the Timberwolves would go all the way though along with me. I didn't figure Latrell would get old in a hurry. Didn't figure Sammy would get hurt again and I didn't figure he would tank games as he did this year. I didn't figure our role players like Trenton, Fred Hoiberg, and others would regress as they did this year. It was a year to forget for sure. This team aged a lot this year for sure. I just hope they get one of the top five draft picks at this point.

I'm just cheering for Nuggets, Bulls, Wizards, and Suns to do well. If any of those teams go far then I'd be happy. Out of all those teams, I think Suns has the ost chance to go to the finals.

AA ERA
    With the Timberwolves out of the playoffs, I am rooting for the Supersonics in the playoffs. I love watching that team. That team remind me a lot like the Wolves of last year where everyone played together and for each other.

AA ERA
    West
    Pheonix in 6
    SA in 6
    Sacramento in 5
    Dallas in 7

2nd round
    Phenoix in 5
    SA in 6

Finals
    Pheonix in 7

East
    Miami in 6
    Detroit in 6
    Indy in 7
    Bulls in 7

2nd round
    Miami in 6
    Detroit in 5

Finals
    Detroit in 7

NBA Finals
    Pheonix in 6
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005042308

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- For the first time since the season opener, Rasheed Wallace strutted into The Palace with the boxing-style championship belts he had made for the Detroit Pistons.

Then the demonstrative forward showed how he plans to help the Pistons defend their title.

Wallace scored 24 of his 29 points in the second half Saturday, helping Detroit pull away from the Philadelphia 76ers 106-85 in the first game of the NBA playoffs.

The Sixers took control early but Rasheed Wallace stepped up in the 2nd half to get them a pivotal win when it seemed like the Sixers were going to win game 1.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    How about the Celtics taking it to the Pacers? Didn't expect a huge tail-whooping for sure.

Detroit took care of Philly good.

Good win for the Rockets today.

AA ERA
    The Supersonics should feel very fortunate to get this win this evening as they were able to survive Sacramento's surge in the fourth quarter. Jerome James came through with a big point when Sacramento cut the lead to 83-82. That point was huge as Seattle was able to get out of this with a win.

Speaking of Jerome, he was fantastic out there. He did the dirty work defensively and got the big points when he had to. Ray Allen was fantastic too in this game. He played like a polish veteran out there.

You have to hand it to Sacramento. They were resillent. They found ways to get back in this game and they almost stole this game. Kings did not play well and they did not great performance from their guards. Mobley was horrible and Bibby looked like he was in pain. That ankle injury has affected his speed and his ability to shoot. That could be difference in this series and that's why I pick the Sonics to win this series. Bibby is a huge part of their offense and if he can't get it going, you can forget about the Kings winning.

While I give credit the Kings for making the most out of this game, props to the Sonics for come through with big shots and big defensive stops.

They needed this win and they could not afford to blow this lead tonight. They got it done tonight.

Miami is beating NJ right now. Can't say I'm surprised.

Was.-Chi. playing on TNT for me right now.

I'm cheering for Chicago. They are so young, and they use to be a joke. No one really expects them to do well in the playoffs.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Miami is beating NJ right now. Can't say I'm surprised.
    I love it. Hopefully, this will end in 4. I despise the Brooklyn Nets. I am annoyed that they made the playoffs by backing in to begin with and I am annoyed Wince gets to be in the playoffs along with that POS owner Bruce Ratner.

Chicago is winning last I saw. The score was 96-94. Have to say I'm happy. Hopefully they win this game.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    The Chicago Bulls won 103-94.

Chicago leads the series 1-0.

AA ERA
    The story of the night and the playoff weekend was Denver beating San Antonio in the first game. That was huge for the Nuggets as they were able to win in a hostile environment like San Antonio. San Antonio had a scoring drought in the money quarter aka fourth quarter. Duncan struggled to score in that game. Tony Parker was nowhere to be seen in that quarter. To Denver's credit though, they played and they were never fazed which was not the case last year against the Timberwolves in the playoffs. They made the big shots when they had to. Camby was fantastic. This is a big win for them for sure and they can only get confidence heading to the next game. Duncan looked like he was in pain all night and that could be something to keep an eye on in this series.

Phoenix made it easy against the Grizz and the sad thing was that it was not their best game. That Suns team is amazing to watch. They can beat you in so many ways whether it's from the paint or from the three-point line. There is no cure to beat Phoenix offensively. They just get it done. Suns were hot shooting the ball all night. Nash did his damage through passing the ball. Q was unconscious tonight. Suns were solid defensively. Just your typical Suns night.

Great win by the Bulls. Noncioni was huge tonight along with Ben Gordon. Chicago played a great game. I thought Washington would play better.

Nice to see Miami spank the Nets. It was not even a contest. Yeah the Nets cut the lead to nine, but Miami was coasting when the Nets had that run and a NBA team always make a run. Miami took care of them when it counted.

I have to say though that I am not really into the playoffs. I just can't get into it without the Timberwolves. I haven't watch much. The only games I watched was Phx/Memphis and Sacramento/Seattle. I watched the fourth quarter on the Nuggets/Spurs game.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast