Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Minnesota trade KG

MLB ERA

Should Minnesota trade KG

to enter the Greg Oden sweepstakes?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2387812

"I don't want to go through this any more. I think I'm more deserving of a better team and I think the city's more deserving of a better team, coming in here having something that's going to be competitive and having us getting back to the Western Conference finals. But I do know you just can't blink and it's going to happen; you have to actually spend the time and effort. So, we'll see."
    Thoughts?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    How do you know that Greg Oden's going to be in the 2007 draft?

And yes. They should. Minnesota's situation is awful. They have the second worst future in the NBA next to the New York Knicks.

Minnesota's also the worst team when crunch time comes. Those mother****ers are scared. Every single player on that team is terrified of close games, they do anything to avoid it. They literally can not make plays in the fourth to save their lives, wins over Miami last week and New York two days ago were cases where the other team made mistakes and the Timberwolves happened to fall on those mistakes. Luck. The Wolves have probably closed out only four to six close games all year. They never ever show up in the fourth, and it doesn't help when your superstar is horrible in the clutch either.

I don't see how KG's in Minnesota next year. He's gone.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Even if Oden is potentially better than KG, the Wolves could easily be screwed by the draft lottery if they tank their season for the best chance at the No. 1 pick.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Even if Oden is potentially better than KG, the Wolves could easily be screwed by the draft lottery if they tank their season for the best chance at the No. 1 pick.
    Even so. Should Minnesota go into rebuilding mode?

And it isn't like Oden is the only one. The class of 2006 might be the best ever, and all of them are going to be one and done in college. Great year to have a high pick, even if you miss out on Greg Oden.

MLB ERA
    The consolation prize for the Greg Oden sweepstakes is a KG-ish type player in Brandan Wright. 3rd place gets a taller Grant Hill, minus the PG skills. Not too shabby.

AA ERA
    One reason why the T-Wolves most likely won't deal him is because of ownership. KG is the only marketable player they really have and about the only thing fans have to come see.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but I can definitely see KG forcing them into a trade, ala Steve Francis, Eli Manning, Ken Griffey Jr., Eric Lindros, etc.

AA ERA
    You definately have a point and KG has been making hints that he wants out of Minnesota. But, ownership is going to be reluctant to deal him and if they decidetoo, so many teams will come calling... it would be a while before you see him out of Minnesota.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    KG is the most overrated player in the association right now. If the T-Wolves can move him for picks/talent, then by all means. I'm tired of hearing KG bellyache.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He is FAR from overrated. His supporting cast is just garbage.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Even when he had people around him, he hasn't done a thing in the playoffs.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He got to the conference finals against Shaq and Kobe...

Rookie ERA
    You are also inspired by many threads about trading KG over there at bbb.net, don't you? It says so by the similiar screennames.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And, if I'm not mistaken, he lost! He won't be overrated if he actually wins something.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hope you don't use that same faulty logic for Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast