Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelvin Sampson to Indiana

MLB ERA

Kelvin Sampson to Indiana

AAA ERA
    Omg...

AAA ERA
    Well it says hes a tireless recruiter..so thats a good thing. Also Indiana needed a good defensive coach. Maybe he can talk white and vaden into staying. In the last post i made i went through a shock there for a moment. Just wasnt expecting Sampson to be the next coach.

MLB ERA
    He recruits mostly JuCo, right? I don't know if this is a good hire. He has had his share of choke jobs in March.

I gotta agree with ATLien here some. Sampson, just wow, surprised me. I would've thought Indiana would've been all over Steve Alford. Is Sampson really going to be able to recruit Indiana? Definitely a questionable hire.

AAA ERA
    WEll im sure anybody can recruit Indiana better than Mike Davis. I do like Sampsons overall record at OU though. Thats the only thing i like about him.

Wouldn't you rather have a great recruiter of Indiana, somebody like, Steve Alford?

I don't see Sampson restoring life into the Indiana program, I only see him quitting after a few seasons.

Overall record really doesn't mean crap, when you can't do shit in March. Is Sampson going to handle all the competition of the Big 10? I doubt it.

AAA ERA
    Yea, i didnt really want Alford either...He couldnt really win in March....Davis and Sampson both won more in March.

Huh? Maybe you misread my post, I much rather have Alford over Sampson anyday. Alford, yah he choked in March, but I don't think it's necc. because of his coaching, but just pure bad luck. Alford basically killed a very talented and strong Big 10. Alford would've known the division, would've known Indiana, and would've breathed life into the Indiana program. Sampson is going to get destroyed in the Big 10, and he'll choke in March with the Hoosiers.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i dont really think sampson is a good fit. better than davis, likely, but then again, who isnt better than davis in the state of indiana? he basically pissed off much of indiana coaches and players.

i dont think alford would have been all that good, but still.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Alford wouldn't of been all that good? Hell, I wish Michigan would fire Amaker, if we could hire Alford. Alford took an alright Iowa team and won the big 10.

Alford would've been a great fit for Indiana.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    well, he didnt exactly burn up the court up there in iowa. alford would have been a satisfactory pick, just not a great pick.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Steve Alford just called. He wants you to get off his penis.

If you're referring to the march madness, yah shit, I agree with you. But a lot of weird things happened this March, whoever expected George Mason to be in the final four? Alford had a great year, and in Indiana he would've done great. He knows that state, he would've had kids wanting to play for him, he could've recruited Indiana moreso than any of the other candidates.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Who cares now if Alford's not in Indiana. All it matters is he better take Iowa farther in the tournament than he did for SW Missouri State.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast