Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings get Hutchinson

Vikings get Hutchinson

Link

I thought Seahawks were going to get him back, but I guess not. This makes Vikings offense definitely a lot better. Having Hutchinson in the middle of the line would be what any QB would dream of. Hutchinson, IMO, is a top lineman in the NFL.

Seahawks also signed Julian Peterson to a 7 yr deal which is a big risk big reward signing. Peterson has those injury problems and it's going to be interesting to see how healthy he stays and how he does in Seattle.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Woot. Chester Taylor is now my favorite player...move over KRob!

MLB ERA
    The Vikes are also paying less for him than the Hawks would. All that money becomes garenteeded if the Hawks agree, and that is just ludacris.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Nah, not really. He's just 28, hasn't missed a game the past three years, and is a top five OL in the league and is the best guard in the game, bar none. I can understand not matching that offer, but it isn't ludicrous.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Nah, not really. He's just 28, hasn't missed a game the past three years, and is a top five OL in the league and is the best guard in the game, bar none. I can understand not matching that offer, but it isn't ludicrous.
    Guaranteeing any player $49 million in a deal in the NFL is ridiculous. To give you an idea of how bad that would be, Peyton Manning's current contract has the most amount of guaranteed money in NFL history in any contract at $34.5 million.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Jeez, didn't know that. Seems kind of odd, but I still don't see why it'd be a bad deal to gurantee a player like Hutchinson that type of money, he's still young, injury-free, and is the best at his position.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hutch is worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Guaranteeing any player $49 million in a deal in the NFL is ridiculous. To give you an idea of how bad that would be, Peyton Manning's current contract has the most amount of guaranteed money in NFL history in any contract at $34.5 million.

He is the best in the game on the line! This has made my club much better we have an owner that is spending money. We will have a team that will contend. I am looking forward to the football season.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Jeez, didn't know that. Seems kind of odd, but I still don't see why it'd be a bad deal to gurantee a player like Hutchinson that type of money, he's still young, injury-free, and is the best at his position.
    Because Peyton Manning wasn't even guaranteed that money, and a Peyton Manning will have much more effect on a game than a Steve Hutchinson will.

Nobody in the NFL is worth that much guaranteed money right now.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    He is the best in the game on the line! This has made my club much better we have an owner that is spending money. We will have a team that will contend. I am looking forward to the football season.
    Good news for you: your team didn't guarantee him $49 million. They worded their offer sheet in such a way that had Seattle matched, all of the $49 million would've been guaranteed. The Vikings guaranteed him somewhere in the $16-17 million range.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Thanks dam for backing up my point that it would be horrible deal for the Hawks to sign.

The Hawks didn't have to match the deal, they had to give more guaranteed money.
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He shouldnt be paid more than the best OL in the game in Walter Jones.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Ill say it again. HE WASNT THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS OWN LINE. That would be Walter Jones.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    4 years younger, I'd say he is worth a bigger contract than Jones.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    4 years younger, I'd say he is worth a bigger contract than Jones.
    When Hutchinson has a big deal when he is KNOCKED DOWN by a DL or gives up 2 sacks in a game (which hadnt happened since the ice age). Then ill say hes better. But NO Right Guard deserves QB Money....

MLB ERA
    Yes, maybe, but not $49 mill GUARANTEED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast