Thread: Patrick Ramsey dealt to Jets

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Patrick Ramsey dealt to Jets

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Well, so much for them drafting Leinart.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Wow I would really start to get concerned if im Leinart or Young. Could Leinhart or Young be this years Aaron Rodgers and lose millions because no one really needs a qb?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I still like him to go to Tennessee. I know Vince Young and Steve McNair have a relationship, but I think Leinart would be a better pro under the supervision of Norm Chow.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Either way though youre running out of teams who "need qbs badly" at the top of the draft. Yes Tennessee is one of them but who else Houston just reupped with Carr. NOs has Brees, NYJ now have Ramsey, GB has Rodgers, SF has Smith, Oakland has Walter (but some reports say they MIGHT look QB, most likely DE or D'Brick if he fell), Buffalo has Losman, Detroit MIGHT but they got like 6 QBs signed now including Cade McNown, Arizona Warner isnt young but led the o to top passing honors as a team, St Louis has Bulger who couldnt be 28 yet, Browns- Frye did well as starting QB, Ravens still have the same coach and same QB, Philly- McNabb enough said, Atlanta- Vick nuff said, Dolphins- Daunte, Minnesota- Could use a young QB, Cowboys- Parcells is not going to wait that long, SD- Rivers, KC- Trent Green.

So now youre out of the top 20 and theres like 3 teams you can point to and say "They will likely take a QB" and at least in Oakland Al has NEVER taken a top 20 pick and used it on a QB (Marijuanavich was a 24th pick overall). Whoever Tennessee doesnt take might be sitting a while.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    J.P. Loserman, oh I mean Losman, sucks worse than an high schooler.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    J.P. Loserman, oh I mean Losman, sucks worse than an high schooler.
    They arent going to can him quite yet I wouldnt think hes only been in the league 2 yrs so I cant see them taking another high 1st round pick and spending it on a QB.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    How the hell does Patrick Ramsey mean they won't take a QB? Ramsey is a scrub. They traded away a 6th rounder for him. This means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    How the hell does Patrick Ramsey mean they won't take a QB? Ramsey is a scrub. They traded away a 6th rounder for him. This means nothing.
    Ramsey still has potential. He's only 27 years old and has shown improvement with his skills. Getting Ramsey will definitely end the idea of Jets getting a QB high in the draft. No team would be dumb enough to have Pennington, Ramsey, and then waste a draft pick on a QB. But I could still see Jets going after a QB low in the draft, 4th rd, 5th rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Either way though youre running out of teams who "need qbs badly" at the top of the draft. Yes Tennessee is one of them but who else Houston just reupped with Carr. NOs has Brees, NYJ now have Ramsey, GB has Rodgers, SF has Smith, Oakland has Walter (but some reports say they MIGHT look QB, most likely DE or D'Brick if he fell), Buffalo has Losman, Detroit MIGHT but they got like 6 QBs signed now including Cade McNown, Arizona Warner isnt young but led the o to top passing honors as a team, St Louis has Bulger who couldnt be 28 yet, Browns- Frye did well as starting QB, Ravens still have the same coach and same QB, Philly- McNabb enough said, Atlanta- Vick nuff said, Dolphins- Daunte, Minnesota- Could use a young QB, Cowboys- Parcells is not going to wait that long, SD- Rivers, KC- Trent Green.

So now youre out of the top 20 and theres like 3 teams you can point to and say "They will likely take a QB" and at least in Oakland Al has NEVER taken a top 20 pick and used it on a QB (Marijuanavich was a 24th pick overall). Whoever Tennessee doesnt take might be sitting a while.
    Definitely right on. Not many teams will be taking a QB early on, even if they need one. I have a feeling Vince Young is going to fall fast. I doubt Tenn. will pass on Leinart (Norm Chow). I could see Oakland taking Vince Young if he fell to them. As for the Cardinals a team who will probably draft a QB, probably won't draft one high.

All these Qb moves will make it harder for Houston to trade out of that 1st spot unless some team really wants Reggie Bush.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Jets were never really in the running for Leinart, with Tennessee picking ahead of them. That makes Hammer happy.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    The Jets were never really in the running for Leinart, with Tennessee picking ahead of them. That makes Hammer happy.
    They could've easily traded up with the Texans and gotten Leinart.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    They could've easily traded up with the Texans and gotten Leinart.
    Not with Bush being the consensus No. 1 overall pick. If the Jets really wanted Leinart, they'd talk to New Orleans instead.

Bush being the "#1 consesus overall pick"? You really buying into those smokescreens?

Look for Texans to trade down most likely or possibly get a defensive player. Because with Kubiak bringing his Denver style over to Houston, that means he most likely won't take OL and RBs high in the draft as they did in Denver.

Not to mention, why would Texans take Bush when we already have DD and Morency?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't fully buy into new coaches drafting based on the system that they are bringing over. Romeo Crennel could've taken Derrick Johnson last year since LBs are key to his defensive schemes but he and Phil Savage instead went with the BPA, Braylon Edwards.

As for why the Texans would take Bush, you could have asked the same question of why they spent a high 3rd rounder on Morency when they had DD and Jonathan Wells. It's possible the Texans could trade down. I just mentioned that Bush is the consensus No. 1, so no team in their right mind would trade a king's ransom to the Texans to take a player other than Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    I don't fully buy into new coaches drafting based on the system that they are bringing over. Romeo Crennel could've taken Derrick Johnson last year since LBs are key to his defensive schemes but he and Phil Savage instead went with the BPA, Braylon Edwards.

As for why the Texans would take Bush, you could have asked the same question of why they spent a high 3rd rounder on Morency when they had DD and Jonathan Wells. It's possible the Texans could trade down. I just mentioned that Bush is the consensus No. 1, so no team in their right mind would trade a king's ransom to the Texans to take a player other than Bush.
    As for Morency. Our last regime of HC were dumb, and that's why we spent such a high pick on Morency when we had Wells, DD, and Tony Hollings. Now Morency looks to have a bright future especially with a new staff onboard.

Your point on, "new coaches drafting based on the system that they are bringing over", I'm just not seeing. Your Crennel example, is not the greatest. When Crennel could've been satisfied with the LBs that he already had. Also, over in NE, I don't remember ever seeing a LB drafted high up after Bellicheck arrived in NE. I'd be shocked to see a RB taken anything but late in the draft. As for OL, I don't expect Kubiaks system to be put in place totally as of yet. That's why Mike Sherman was brought in as a OL coach, Mike Sherman does not know the zone block scheme. I wouldn't be surprised to see D'Brick or a defensive player taken. Hopefully a team wants to trade up to the 1st pick to get Leinart, Vince Young, or Reggie Bush.

Reggie Bush isn't the consensus 1st pick, not in my book atleast, and I could actually see him fall to Jets 4th pick.