Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (03/16)

Around the Horn (03/16)

You've begged...you've sent letters...you've rioted...and now ATH is back, in time for St. Patrick's Day! Welcome back to the show that scores the argument, I am your favorite host, the General himself.

Leading off, the man with the most wins in ATH history (also most appearances), Slyder!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Ive only lost 1 final show down thank you. Its not like Im Jay Marriotti and go on EVERY episode and lose 80% of the time and still have the most wins.

And now for something completely different.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=n2NjmTtPP...ch=irish%20jig a lady doing an irish jig.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Behind door number two, the master of graphics, Ghettochild!

MLB ERA
    my past three days was highlighted by visiting the oldfolks home, how WONDERFUL if you're OLD
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

And coming back to the show for the second time, from Ardsley, Dry1313!

MLB ERA
    Back from my long nap, I'm here to convert children and change lives

First off tonight, what's currently on my TV: The World Baseball Classic. So far, would you say that it's a success? Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    Its been a success because from the few games I have been able to actually sit down and watch has shown the emotion and triumph of games that are usually reserved for July-August Baseball not Spring Training. The players are actually motivated to do well and show they care, unlike other events baseball has tried to spin off over the years.

I was skeptical at first about it, but there hasnt been that really "big injury" and has had a pretty good showing here in America, I dont know about the other nations. The only down side Ive seen so far is the murdering of So. African players as Roger Clemens threw a fastball that most of them hadnt even dreamed of ever even hitting. I like the concept and the idea and even the pitching has been really really good (in most cases).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++

Dry?

MLB ERA
    I'd definetly say it's been a success. The games down at Hiram Bithorn have been fantastic, I've never seen more passion in baseball than at the Caribbean Section games. Baseball is truly played, and games are decided by fundamentals and pitching, not necessarily the long ball. Plus, as Bud Selig would have you know, there have been no injuries yet. Besides the fact the US has been disappointing and managed to hang on by the skin of their teeth, and this assinine tiebreaking system, this has been a great success.

+++

Ghetto, what say you?

MLB ERA
    I haven't missed a game yet. Its really fun to watch the Ken Griffey Junior's (shameless homer-ism), Chan Ho's, Pudge's, and David Ortiz's (or maybe Wily Mo Pena's?) of their respective countries playing baseball. I have really enjoyed the DR's games and PR's. They play the game like the way its ment to be played. fun, enjoyful, and all-out. These guys have been playing baseball since they were old enough to grip a ball. And they couldn't even afford gloves, they used milk boxes, crates, etc. And now you can see the joy on these player's faces as they put on their respective countries uniform and play the game of baseball for THEIR country. Not for the team they were drafted or traded to, but the country they were BORN in. Like the slogan says: Baseball Spoken Here. And it is. These guys are doing everything WE as baseball fans LOVE to see. Put aside your contracts, your million-dollar houses, your countries differences (cuba) and just play the damn game. I can't wait for 2009.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Using crates for gloves? Hey, whatever floats your boat. +++

Moving on, the NFL off season is well underway, and several big moves have been made. TO is now a free agent, Drew Brees is a Saint, and the Giants signed Quentin Harris. So guys, what's been the biggest offseason move so far? Around the Horn to Dry.

MLB ERA
    Kyle Kosier to the Boys? Lol this years offseason was reknown for it's amazing running backs, and a few high name position players. But after Lavar Arrington bought out of his contract, he became the missing piece several teams needed. Well, within a week or two he had made his choice, the Giants. Either having a LB core ravaged by injury, or never having a true dominant Linebacker, the Giants sought to address that by adding Arrington. As much as it pains me to say I would say this move alone gives the Giants the lead for the NFC East as of right now.

That's all fine and well, but the Giants have not signed Arrington.

Ghetto?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast