Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Around the Horn (03/16)

MLB ERA
    Hits the SELL BUTTON repeatedly.

Unless Barry comes out and says he did use Steroids or someone rats him out Bud wont touch the golden goose. The later wont ever happen because just look at where it got Rafael Palmerio in the league when he got caught and tried to say he got them from a teammate... Out of the league in greater disgrace than before.

San Francisco in 2004 averaged over 40,000 fans and dozens of people in boats in McCovey Cove waiting for Barry to send a pitch into the drink. San Francisco averaged about 35 to 38k fans a game and hardly no one in McCovey Cove waiting for Moises Alou, and the rest to hit it anywhere near them. Bud knows this and wont do anything until he has NO OTHER OPTIONS. Just look at how long they held onto the fact that Raffy had failed a test.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++

Dry, finish this baby off.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I'm selling. How hard and fast is this evidence? True we all know Bonds did it but the more important decision is how would this hold up in court? I don't think it would. Bonds isn't forced to admit to taking steroids, so he'll just play the stand-offish little girl he is. Selig has a hard-on for homeruns, and there's rumors if thee US advances to the next round Bonds will replace Johnny Damon. Honestly though, Bonds broke zero laws in taking his steroids, it was just a scumbag thing to do. Not to mention I doubt Selig will dip back into the past to get Bonds for this steroid use, since Selig loves Bonds and realizes what a collossaul outrage would be sent throughout baseball. Because, if he went after Bonds, he'd have to go after every Alex Sanchez and Juan Rincon, from '88-'06, otherwise it would be considered a witchhunt. And we all know Selig doesn't have the patience to go through with that. So, by playing the indifference card, Selig will avoid suspending Bonds and Barroid will retire Homerun title in tow to the disgust of us all, but entirely legally, and die at the age of 46 due to 3,000,000,000,000 cancerous tumors.

The US has been eliminated, bud. ++

And with that, Buy or Sell is gone. We'll need to dump some excess baggage, so Dry1313 will now bid his adieu.

MLB ERA
    It hurts to be shed so freely, but I will leave with some words of warmth concerning the WBC; LET'S GO CUBA!

Guys, we will now take our final break, and will return with a showdown, Western-style: one question, one winner.

HORN ME!

Alright guys...this is it! Two men enter... one man leaves, one step closer to world domination. There is only ONE topic in this Showdown, and the winner of it will be the...err...winner? I don't know, haven't really figured that out yet.

With baseball season being just around the corner, give me your World Series picks and the WS winner. Convince me that the teams are worthy of being there.

Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    The Cincinnati Reds will represent the National League in the... battle for the 1st overall draft pick in the amateur draft in 2007. Seriously my picks for the World Series are the New York Metropolitians why?

The Braves have finally lost a cog that I dont even think John Scherholtz can replace in Leo Mazzone. He helped so many pitchers in his time in Atlanta that Roger McDowell cant possibly live up to the bar that Leo set so many times and so high, plus they lost leadoff man Rafael Furcal. I still believe that the Braves will be in the thick of the playoff hunt yet again they will just be "too young" to really make the sort of run needed in a short series.

San Francisco Giants will be a media circus with Bonds and they are all a year older.

Chicago Cubs- The lone cursed franchise left will fall victim to Dusty "Young Pitcher Killer" Baker yet again and fall flat on their collective faces in August and September AGAIN.

St Louis Cardinals replace Larry Walker with Juan Encarcion??? Na they are a year older and Pujols and Carpenter wont be able to carry them to the World Series.

In the American League I really like what Toronto did with the offseason but I dont think it will be enough. Chicago White Sox are my pick to click in the AL. They lost their CF but they gain a veteran power hitter to help the middle of that lineup and the guy replacing the CF is suppose to be even better.

Winner White Sox's pitching beat Mets Money.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Ghetto, you go ahead and do your thing now.

MLB ERA
    The early bet is New York at 6-1. Despite the fact they have not won the
    World Series since 2000, the Yankees come into every year as the favorites
    based on the talent of their roster and the money they are willing to spend to
    make their team competitive. St. Louis is listed at 7-1 followed by the Boston
    Red Sox at 8-1. Both the White Sox and Astros come in at 12-1.

My early pick is Yanks and CINCY. OK no seriously, i'm going to go with a shocker and choose the Tribe and the Mets. The Indians have a studly staff in Cliff Lee, Paul Byrd, Bob Wickman, Jake Westbrook, and of course, the original cockied hat himself, C.C.. (do i really need to put 2 periods there?) Anywho, And of course their Offense is remarkable in Victor Martinez, Ronnie Belliard, Broussard, Casey Blake, Grady Sizemore, and Travis Hafner.

As for the mets, you ask why?!??! Well, I see Beltran comming back this year, Wagner will boost the pen along with Bradford, Reyes will steal 50+, Wright will live to his potential, you have Endy Chavez who is a killer against lefties (.381 vs LHP) and of course, the oldest guy in the league, Julio Franco providing those late inning PH's.

my winner? the tribe. i like to see youngins win.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

In order to steal 50+, he'd have to get on base, but that's another argument. Speaking of argument, Slyder's was better...so...

Slyder wins....again! Face time!

MLB ERA
    How many of you are among the millions of people who take time out of their workday to keep a constant eye on your work pools? *waits a second* I am amoung you, this is truely one of the greatest times in the year. I just started spring break from school and I will probably spend all week watching kids play basketball and routing for the team I love WVU and also watching teams I have never heard of or seen before like Oral Roberts, Utah State, and Duke... Okay I was only kidding about never heard of Duke but I want to see what Reddick can do in the tournament and what everyone does. Its a great time to be alive during this open tournament and GO WVU!!!

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

And on that note, we will leave you till next time. The NCAA tournament will probably bump us off the air for a while, so we might not see you till Easter. But we will see you soon...

Around the Horn!

*Paper Toss*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123