Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (03/16)

MLB ERA
    Brees to the saints, obviously. Why? because of the draft. All arrows pointed to Matt Leinart going there #2 pick. But now he could go #3, even #4. To chose him now for the saints would be stupid, because look at philip rivers behind brees, he only look, what, 3 snaps in 2 years? Leinart is way-beyound ready for the NFL and his tallent does NOT need to be riding the pine. Does this move do anything to improve the Saints? Who knows. In my eyes its a High Cost-High Risk move. Passing on Leinart might come back and bite them in the ass.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

I'm not a huge Leinart fan. +++

Slyder?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Brees' shoulder may not even be 100% no one seems to know whats going on there. Just look at Pennington this past year with a similar injury.

The #1 move this offseason has to be Edgerian James to the Cardinals. Why? You have to run the ball to win in the NFL plus this eliminates the need for them to try and draft a LenDale White to come in and start immediately. Now with their first round pick they can concentrate on Defense or complete a very dangerous Offense by taking one of the top athletes in the draft Vernon Davis from Maryland. A TE with WR speed would make for one of the most explosive offenses in NFL.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Edgerian? C'mon now, this isn't 2nd grade. Ed-ger-rin. +++

Dry, you may now try and redeem yourself in hopes of salvaging some points.

MLB ERA
    Thanks for a little redmeption, General. I'd say than it has to be Daunte to Miami. He is one of the most amazing statistacal QB's in the game when healthy. He could help guide a mediocre Dolphins offense into the playoff with his talent, and would also help the younger players develop, as crazy as it sounds. 25+ TDs, 15- INTs are stats that Miami QB's haven't seen since Dan Marino. But with Culpepper at the helm this team could take over first place in the power-vacuum that is the AFC East.

++++ but a double -- for Lavar to NY.

Alright, time to take a break, and when we return...a little Buy or Sell.

HORN!

Alright, alright, alright. Buy now, sell later!

First up on the menu: The Saints made a big splash in free agency by signing Drew Brees to take over the QB position formerly manned by the only Saint to ever win a playoff start, Aaron Brooks.

Also in the NFC, the Arizona Cardinals, new stadium and all, also have a new running back in Edgerrin James, formerly of the Colts.

Here is the question: Buy or Sell New Orleans and Arizona combining for 11 wins next season. They had 8 last season. Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    Whats the phrase in the stock market? Buy Low sell High. Im going to buy.

No team had more crap to deal with from the NFL and Nature than the New Orleans Saints and the Cardinals still have Denny Green as a coach and Bidwell as owner and the teams still combined for 8 wins last year, they will easily win 11 games next year. Edgerrin James alone will improve a rushing offense that was dead last in YPG (71.2), last in rushing tds (2 all year) some players had more than that IN ONE WEEK, Last in YPC. Get the picture? Besides that and the fact Kurt Warner was their QB the passing offense was good. They should easily improve their win totals from last year.

The Saints never had a home game in front of the home fans. Getting back to 1 location for home games will help them not to mention Brees should be an improvement over an inconsistant Aaron Brooks. The two teams should get around 13-14 wins next year just looking at the FA changes.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Good stats, good arguments. Now I know why you have so many wins. +++++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    SELL.

but heres how i see it.

5 wins for ARIZ
    1 win for NO.

arizona has San Francisco, DET, STL at home and San Fran, and STL on the road, which are VERY winnable games for them.

NO has WASH at home and basically thats it. Yeah i'm selling greatly on Brees and JOE HORN the 3rd person himself. NO has a really tough sched in Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and San Francisco at home and Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay on the road. None are really winnable for NO unless they pull something out of their bums but thats a really tough scheduale for anyone to play, not only the saints.

1 win for a team with arguably a top-10 DL, a solid QB, and a very good RB? Hey, maybe you know something I don't. +++

Dry, what say you?

MLB ERA
    I'm buying. Adding Edge to the Cardinals offense will give another option to Denny Green, and now the Cardinals will have a young defense with a ball control offense. They could be a surprise similar to the Bears if things fall into place. Also, the Saints will have a great improvement, not because of the play of Drew Brees, but because of the return of Deuce McAllister and thus, their running game. The Saints ran for 16,000 yards last year, but it was a slow, time wasting, 16,000. With Deuce back, their game will be balanced, a crucial point in the NFL. If their defense can perform at a decent level they should see positive output this year. I'd bet on the Cardinals for 6-9 wins, and the Saints for 5-8, so I think at worst they meet this goal of 11 wins.

Wow, 16,000 rushing yards? That's a freaking record man! Aaron Stecker and Antowain Smith must be beasts!

+++

Alright, next up, the steroid scandal. Bud Selig has said he will investigate the controversy sparked by a new book which reveals Barry Bonds' steroid regiment. However, many people say that Bud does not have the balls to actually suspend Bonds, even if evidence is found.

Buy or sell Barry Bonds ever getting suspended by the MLB. Around the Horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    I want to beg to the GODS that its a buy, but for publicity reasons, i'm going to have to sell. Honestly I agree with 'the people' that are saying Bud doesn't have the scrumdiddlyumpcious to suspend Bonds. This "investigation" is only going on so the MLB shows they have a "interest" in the matter. Didn't the same thing go on for JFK? What happened to that? oh yeah, they just sat around until it DIED OFF. which is whats gunna happen here. They are going to sit around, read the books, and then come to the conclusion that they need more TIME.

Nothing is going to happen to Barry. He is about to taint one of baseballs sacred milestones. And all Bud cares about is that Barry is putting behinds in the seats. Look at ESPN. Do you see highlights of any other SPRING TRAINING GAMES other than the times BARRY BONDS comes up to bat? THATS why Bud isn't going do anything. He gets the coverage, the seats, the fans, the boats in the cove. Its all about the MONEY for these guys. not the records.

+++

Slyder, whatcha got?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast