Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA All star game

NBA All star game

Anybody watch the game last night? East won.

I didn't really care to watch it, because all star games haven't gotten........stupid. Waste of time, IMO.

Not only the NBA All star game, but all sport all star(pro bowl for NFL) games are a waste of time. Only one I care to watch even a little is the baseball all star game, just because the game has some type of meaning and the HR derby is pretty cool.

MLB ERA
    I agree with how you feel about all-star games, but with the baseball all-star game included. Homefield advantage in the playoffs is just a stupid gimmick and whoever wins the AS game should have no effect on the playoffs whatsoever. Homerun derby is ok, except last years. I think Teixeira either hit 1 or was shutout. I can't quite remember.

But back on the main topic, I didn't watch the NBA all-star game. I don't even like watching basketball unless it's ESPN highlights.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    I love college basketball and me being from KY you can imagine why... that's right the UK Wildcats lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    I watched it, it was alright. I was already ticked off at who the NBA elected to put on the teams over more deserving players, but was all good. Fun game, too. The West tried to give T-Mac the MVP, but ended up costing them the game. i was mad at the NBA putting The Pistons in the game, but they were the main reason The East were able to come back and win it. LeBronze didn't deserve the MVP, though.

The only ASG's I watch are baseball and basketball. I can't stand the Pro Bowl.

AA ERA
    I watch the Pistons every now and then because of former UK star Tayshuan Prince.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    the Pro-Bowl is a joke.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    I watched a little of it. It got boring so I turned the channel.

Well, seeing as I hate the NBA, and the fact that I don't watch all-star games (because they're pointless and the players show no effort), I did not watch it.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I watched it, it was alright. I was already ticked off at who the NBA elected to put on the teams over more deserving players, but was all good. Fun game, too. The West tried to give T-Mac the MVP, but ended up costing them the game. i was mad at the NBA putting The Pistons in the game, but they were the main reason The East were able to come back and win it. LeBronze didn't deserve the MVP, though.

The only ASG's I watch are baseball and basketball. I can't stand the Pro Bowl.
    Why were you mad at the pistons getting into the all star game?

They're actually some great players, which showed in the all star game as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I agree with how you feel about all-star games, but with the baseball all-star game included. Homefield advantage in the playoffs is just a stupid gimmick and whoever wins the AS game should have no effect on the playoffs whatsoever. Homerun derby is ok, except last years. I think Teixeira either hit 1 or was shutout. I can't quite remember.

But back on the main topic, I didn't watch the NBA all-star game. I don't even like watching basketball unless it's ESPN highlights.
    I commend for baseball to try and atleast make their all star game have some type of point, and it's an interesting way of how they did that.

As for the NBA, i'm right on with yah. NBA seems more like a show, then a sport.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I commend for baseball to try and atleast make their all star game have some type of point, and it's an interesting way of how they did that.

As for the NBA, i'm right on with yah. NBA seems more like a show, then a sport.
    I guess that's true, but it still seems stupid to me. Whoever the best team is should get HFA. It shouldn't be awarded based on the winner of a pointless game. And another thing I don't like about the ASG, quite often there are players who don't deserve to be there, because the fans vote for who they like best. Not who deserves to be an all-star.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Why were you mad at the pistons getting into the all star game?

They're actually some great players, which showed in the all star game as you said.
    I felt that only Chauncey Billups was deserving of being on the all-star team. Ben, Sheed, and Rip only got in because of the media lovefest with that team.

Huh? Billups was on the all star team. The only one that didn't make it out of the Pistons starting five is Tayshaun Prince.

As for Ben, Sheed, and Hamilton, they're all great talented players. Ben and Sheed are defensive guys who score down low in the post. While RIP has a nice shot, and is pretty darn good defensively. They deserved to be on the all star team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nobody plays defense in the All-Star game, so I won't watch it, ever. However, the dunk contest was pretty good, even though the true winner didn't win.
    rf28

MLB ERA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast