Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (02/20)

Around the Horn (02/20)

Welcome to Around the Horn! As you are well aware, this is the first show since 2005, and we're gonna make it good! Been meaning to host one of these the day the forums went down; now, I finally get the chance.

Show should start around 8. Do that thing I like now...

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Our first participant, from Indiana...Dam8610!

MLB ERA
    The last time we did this, Sammy Sosa had value to ML teams.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

From Ardsley, NY (Canada to me), losing his Horn-y virginity, Dry1313!

MLB ERA
    Im gonna flop like adrian beltre

Wouldn't surprise me.

And finally, our seasoned ATH panelist, four time ATH champion...

Bipster!

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I finally got back from my long walking trip around the world.....now I am ready to beat these chumps down

Alright, everyone knows the rules...we're ready to start!

HORN ME!

First on the menu tonight are the Winter Olympics in Torino. They've been clobbered by TV ratings, controversy, and people not caring. So guys...how do you feel about these Olympics in particular, and where do you see the Olympics in 20 years? Bipster, show 'em how its done.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Of course the Olympics have been clobbered, they are going up against there genetically mutated offspring. Ya know, American Idol. Remember when the Olympics used to be a bunch of amateurs making a name for themselves and seemingly would go from nobody to the Worlds Idol overnight. The problem with the Olympics is the professionals, they have too much going on and they don't treat the Olympics with the respect they should. Our professional hockey players went over and promptly lost to Latvia (you know that team that has a mere 2 NHL players on it). Our Olympic downhill team, the ones that proclaimed themselves as the worlds greatest team, flopped. Bode Miller (should be Boo-de) is too busy partying all night long to care about skiing through the gates. Well never fear, we do have a good story coming up, Curling....that's right curling. Our womens curling team, no one over the age of 24, has drawn some of the best daytime ratings. Why you ask, because the Lovely Johnson sisters. While they failed to to accomplish making the medal tournament they are garnering some fans, not just because they are beautiful but because they are amateurs that people are just now finding out about. The Olympics will eventually be good ratings again simply because everything goes in cycles. Not to mention the fact that our organizers will realize the error of their ways and bring back amateurs to replace our so called professionals.

That would probably be the solution to the US rating woes, bringing back the amateurs only rule. ++++

Dam?

MLB ERA
    The United States doesn’t care about the Olympics anymore. No one is watching, and the people who are are getting disappointed by the American athletes left and right. You have Bode Miller, who was supposed to be great, but hasn’t won a medal yet, Lindsey Jacobellis, who also failed to win gold, and Anton Apollo-Ohno, who failed to defend his gold in speed skating. The American athletes at the Olympics will continue to be among the best, because this country is just too big and has too much focus on sports for that not to happen, but by 2026, I’ll be surprised if anyone is watching.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

++++

Dry?

MLB ERA
    Well the Winter Olympics were started in the 20’s as a way to increase a popular event, like baseball expansion. But at this point it’s just gotten pathetic. The only events worth watching are hockey and the ski jump, and even those are pretty boring. Who cares about rubbing the ice quickly so the stone with a handle will get closer to the center of the bullseye? I’ll be honest, I don’t. The stupid stories (i.e Bode Miller) are taking away from an event which used to be interesting, but has lost its charm. With the lack of world conflict, who cares about the Olympics? I don’t care about Kazakhstan winning a medal, or seeing Latvia win a gold, and until another miracle story like US over USSR occurs, no one will care about the Winter Olympics.

++++

Dry's point: Bring back the USSR.

Alright, next up...more Barry Bonds! In an interview with MLB.com, Bonds blabbed about how he might or might not play in 2007.

Guys, do you care anymore? Dam, git'r done.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast