Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (02/20)

MLB ERA
    I still care about one thing: the Home Run record. I don't want someone with as many question marks and who is "allegedly" as tainted as Barroid Bonds is to hold take it away from Hank Aaron. Other than that, I really wish he'd just ride off into the clouds and haze that will be his retirement.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

++++

Hehehe..Barroid...hehehe

Dry?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Bonds is nothing more than a media-grabbing travesty at this point. I could care less about not seeing this selfish prima donna patrolling Left Field for the Grandpas of San Francisco. Ever since he decided he was bigger then the game I’ve decided I could care less about what he does. So, in other words, I’ve never liked him. He should stop taking the me first attitude and instead should have plugged the World Baseball Classic, and how he wishes he could represent our country if at all possible. But I forgot, as long as Bonds is near a record the ground on which he walks is hallowed. Give me a break…

+++++ Yeah, you tell 'em Dry. You tell 'em.

Bip?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I really could care less, in fact I wish he would just retire now. I am so tired of his on again off again stance in everything in life. That whole I'll play through this year and then retire, unless I don't. It goes right along with I never used steroids.....oh wait, I unknowingly used steroids. Jeff Kent is a great teammate and then decides to choke him in the next breath. I still remember and smile when Jim Leyland dressed Bonds down in Spring Training in front of the press saying "You don't deserve to be treated like a man!!!" I for one hope he doesn't get the chance to surpass Mr Henry Aarons' homerun record simply because of character. Mr Aaron is far more of a man then Baroid will ever be. I would like for Barry's next McCovey Cove splash to be himself announcing his retirement on opening day this year and as a symbol, jump out of the stands and into the bay.

Jeez, Bip killing them softly! +++++ and a + for posting it quickly.

OK, we take a quick commercial break, and then we'll return with some Buy or Sell. Horn!

Buy now, sell later!

Leading off....Drew Brees. The Chargers GM, A.J. Smith, said he will not use the franchise or transition tags on Brees and that he will likely become a free agent.

Guys, what are your thoughts on this situation? Where will Brees wind up? Do you buy him succeeding? Dry, go.

MLB ERA
    To be honest, Brees has never been great, just a solid quarterback. I believe a less glorified version of Roethlisberger. Brees has talent, but he needs to be monitored closely. In all honesty I'd sign him and trade him if I'm Smith, but if he's due to be a free agent I'd love to see Brees on the Cowboys. He's not gonna be the piece leading any team to the playoffs but he'll be a nice addition to some team.

Roethlisberger's been in the league for 2 years and has choked in the playoffs (his team bailed him out in the Super Bowl). To say that Brees is a poor man's Roethlisberger...questionable. +++

Dam?

MLB ERA
    I think that some lucky NFL team is going to pick up a very good starting QB. Brees may not get a big deal because of his torn shoulder, but he’s always been more accuracy than anything. As long as he can get some work in for his new team in training camp, he could help a team with a QB need (maybe the Dolphins or Ravens) to the playoffs and maybe even take them deep into the playoffs.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

++++

Bip?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I buy the Chargers letting Brees walk away simply because of his ill-timed shoulder injury in the last game of the season. This was the same type of shoulder injury that Pennington had, and we all remember that Pennington went on to have more shoulder problems after the first. The Front office of Football teams is all about making tough decisions. The Chargers have a number one draft pick in Rivers sitting on the bench and plenty of serviceable veterans that they can have for less money than it would take to keep Brees. I for one, see Brees as a younger version of Brad Johnson, so I could definitely see him fitting in Minnesota since the Vikings did well around Johnson last year. I could also see Brees going to the Dolphins as Fre-rotten simply isn't the long term answer, or Brees could even go to the Lions, Texans, or Browns as a backup option. After all, he might need to rest his shoulder after the offseason surgery.

You buy it? The Dolphins? And replace Sage the Mage? ++++

Next up, the media has pretty much said Chad Pennington is cut from the Jets. Buy or sell Chad Pennington as a starting NFL QB. Dam?

MLB ERA
    You have to sell this. Pennington has had several chances with the Jets, and every time, he's gotten injured, and now it appears as though he's lost what limited arm strength he had. If you're as durable as glass and can't throw the football more than 30 yards, you're not going to make it in the NFL. He might make a serviceable backup, though.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

++++

Bip, what say you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast