Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Superstar Eddie Guerrero passes away

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    one is the monday show, the other is the thursday show. but they split them up to have 2 seperate 'brands' a while back. so they have about 300 champions, and they still manage to keep it where only the same 5 guys get seen on a weekly basis. nonetheless, i watched the show tonight too, and it was pretty sad.

MLB ERA
    I like how they did it, the matches were all good. Endings alright. DIdnt get to see all of it but it was a good night of wrestling and you got to see the personal side of a lot of the wrestlers that you dont normally get to.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It reminded me alot of the Owen tribute. No soap opera shit, just guys going out there and wrestling for their friend and fallen co-worker.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    It reminded me alot of the Owen tribute. No soap opera shit, just guys going out there and wrestling for their friend and fallen co-worker.
    Ya I watched that night too .

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    i watched both owen and last night

both pretty sad, i mean and then you have big show crying like that

sheesh
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    A stupid show on Monday, and a stupid show on Thursday, is the only difference, I believe

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Thursday show is extremely stupider, trust me.

Now, back to Eddie. I just saw these comments this morning, absolutely disheartning to think someone could say this.

ESPN Radio Host Makes Tasteless Comments About Guerrero Passing
    Submitted by Daniel Pena on Monday, November 14, 2005 at 2:23 PM EST

Anthony P. Landrosh sent in the following letter to me. He said that he was listening to ESPN radio earlier today, "The Herd With Colin Cowherd", and Colin Cowherd said some rude comments about Eddie Guerrero's passing. He accused Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use. Cowherd said, "who cares that he died" and that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." He also started speculation on the "unknown causes" of his death.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    The Thursday show is extremely stupider, trust me.

Now, back to Eddie. I just saw these comments this morning, absolutely disheartning to think someone could say this.

ESPN Radio Host Makes Tasteless Comments About Guerrero Passing
    Submitted by Daniel Pena on Monday, November 14, 2005 at 2:23 PM EST

Anthony P. Landrosh sent in the following letter to me. He said that he was listening to ESPN radio earlier today, "The Herd With Colin Cowherd", and Colin Cowherd said some rude comments about Eddie Guerrero's passing. He accused Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use. Cowherd said, "who cares that he died" and that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." He also started speculation on the "unknown causes" of his death.
    This is a warning, If you have intelligent children, who can differentiate what *** means, please refrain them from reading this post, I gotta vent.

ESPN made a whole lot more out of Ken Caminiti who was a known roid user (before his death) and had been attempting to clean up his life but yet the cause of death for Eddie is not known yet and this guy has the cajones to insult Eddie's memory, the family he leaves behind by not even allowing the family a chance to have a mourning/memorial yet and not letting medical science determin what truely happened. Hey people quit putting the cart before the horse, because if you are not careful the horse will kick it and run you down. For 4 yrs Eddie was clean and dry, and was one of the easy going guys that the wrestlers and any fans could go to for help. EDDIE AND HIS FAMILY ARE STILL HUMAN.

I guess since ESPN isnt behind all the news with Eddie like it was with Ken so I guess that doesnt make it newsworthy, but needless to say that ESPN lately it doesnt surprise me any more.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Uh..... If I am not mistaken, from the news article I read, this guy has had a history of not just drug and alcohol use, but absolute abuse..... and sliding back into that is not something that is a rare occurence.... that in combination with his age (only 2 years older than me) and no apparent visible reason, will lead to the speculation of something being amiss (I.E. drugs, etc).... while it is not known, the speculation WILL be there.... I have personally seen even very good people slide back into addiction... it is not beyond anyone who has had an addiction.... and unless you were there with this wrastler all the time, you cannot verify his complete sobriety with absolute certainty.... Remember when Strawberry and Gooden were supposedly "sober" too... How about L.T.?... you can mention a ton of them

As for the roid use part, in reference to professional wrestlers.... DUH!!!!!! like that is a secret or shocking thing

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Uh..... If I am not mistaken, from the news article I read, this guy has had a history of not just drug and alcohol use, but absolute abuse..... and sliding back into that is not something that is a rare occurence.... that in combination with his age (only 2 years older than me) and no apparent visible reason, will lead to the speculation of something being amiss (I.E. drugs, etc).... while it is not known, the speculation WILL be there.... I have personally seen even very good people slide back into addiction... it is not beyond anyone who has had an addiction.... and unless you were there with this wrastler all the time, you cannot verify his complete sobriety with absolute certainty.... Remember when Strawberry and Gooden were supposedly "sober" too... How about L.T.?... you can mention a ton of them

As for the roid use part, in reference to professional wrestlers.... DUH!!!!!! like that is a secret or shocking thing
    As close as many of those people are on the road it would be hard for something like that to stay hidden. Yes he HAD a history of it, true he could have BUT WE DONT KNOW YET. IT HAPPENED SUNDAY give medical science a chance to come up with it before you show the hypocricy and insert your foot in mouth. For all we know he could have just had a heart attack from the abuse the wrestlers put their bodies through and have nothing to do with the drugs. We could list probably 100s of ways he could have died, give the family and friends a chance to find out before you start insinuating anything.

Also ESPN was one of the leading companies parroting the stuff on Ken Caminiti.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    The "stuff" these guys put themselves thru... that can cause cardiac arrest at 38... hmmm.. like roids?? C'mon man... any former or "recovering" addict will have the speculation over their untimely deaths... you know it, I know it... accept it... unless there is a stab wound, gun shot, water in the lungs from the bath tub, etc... a former addict will have th haze of drugs hovering overhead with an untimely and apparent "no visible reason" death.....

Yeah... any number of things could have happened.. you can't rule out the atmosphere in the room suddenly disappearing and he suffocated, yet either.... but look at the odds... an in shape person/athlete with a history of drug addiction and alcohol addiction is just found to have not woken up in a hotel room.... Cardiac arrest is inherently less likely than relapse....

If my brother is found the same way... am I going to think heart attack until the M.E. makes a ruling, or am I going to immediately think Heroin relapse because of his prior addiction??? Not a tough decision....

MLB ERA
    The Reason I feel this way, in high school there was a guy I knew who had done all the stuff you can think of, decided to come clean his junior year of high school and had been clean for almost 2.5 yrs, no sooner than that happened that of course the rumors started to fly, this really really really hurt the family and friends of this guy. It got so bad that it caused massive amounts of damage within the community and the family. When it was revealed that it wasnt drug related, but an undiscovered heart condition (which the family had a history of getting, the docs just missed it) the family was in shambles and the town had been affected. Since then I believe in waiting until after the family has a chance to find out, otherwise you should show some respect to the person and keep the opinions like that to yourself.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is real good news, I'm glad to see that Eddie didn't slip back in to his old habits. He's in a better place now, anyway, so while I'm still going to miss him as a wrestling fan, I know it's better off this way anyway.

MLB ERA
    Owen might have wanted some competition for clown prince . Ya he is in a better place now, hopefully his legacy will continue to help others recover from their personel demons and be remembered for many years.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast