Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Football

High School Football

Should be around time for playoffs, and just wanted to see how your town's, city's high school football team did. I'm a huge fan of high school football, have been for a long time, being able to see kids play football just for the fun of it is just so refreshing. Well my town's team went 6-3, we were ranked as high as #5 in the state one point. We'll be playing the #1 seed in our region this upcoming week. The talk in the school is that we'll be playing some overrated team who hasn't played a lot of talent this season. So, I guess my town will have to see.

So how did your high school do this season? Are they going to the playoffs? Are they pretty talented?

Rookie ERA
    My alma mater stinks they went 3-6and no playoffs, what BS when my class played we where 8-4 and ot to the quarterfinals of state

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    My alma mater is 8-0(second best team in our class-the #1 team is 7-1 for some reason), clinched the district and could possibly represent our class in the Championship game next month. It's amazing how the team has progressed in its 4th year of existence. The freshmen team in 2002 were undefeated and all of them have moved up to Varsity in 2005.

I'm glad I left when I did.

MLB ERA
    My alma matter is 9-0, and should win the championship with ease.

I like to go to other team's games on friday nights with a friend. It's pretty good cheap entertainment. Although I only go to teams that are loaded with D1 talent. I don't have time to waste my time with scrubs.

Well my high school team lost 21-0. We had the game but kept turning over the ball and we had some pretty bad play calling. Hopefully the HC finally retires and we get some new blood in here. It may motivate some of our bigger and stronger kids to actually play for us.

can you give me your high school football link i wanna support then

I'll pass. You really can't support other high school teams. Especially when you don't live close by. Most people support their alma mater high school team, or their current high school team, or some teams close to your area.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My Alma Mater went....

Soph: 3-6
    Jr: 2-7
    Sr: 1-8 (had to win that game on a reverse, it includes a 70-0 loss to Lakes when they had some Reggie Williams guy)

They havent been over .500 since 2001, before then you have to go to 1990 when David Bush (who later went on to play for the Chargers) roamed the field.

Right now they are 2-7.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    My alma mater is 8-0(second best team in our class-the #1 team is 7-1 for some reason), clinched the district and could possibly represent our class in the Championship game next month. It's amazing how the team has progressed in its 4th year of existence. The freshmen team in 2002 were undefeated and all of them have moved up to Varsity in 2005.

I'm glad I left when I did.
    Awwww snap! Let the smack talk begin. MY TEAM is #1... if you live in Omaha. Millard North Mustangs... we produced Eric Crouch... yea... he won the Heisman. Anyways, we have been to state final 3 straight years, won it my sophmore year and shoulda freshman year but refs suck. Anyways, We're now 10-1, the 1 loss in our first game of the year to Millard West, the team we hate like none other. Our QB, Iowa DB recruit, ran 24 times for 43 yards. That's why we lost. Didn't get our RB invovled, gonna be a Husker, averaging around 18 yards a carry last I heard. Ever since then though... we been tearing teams up.

40-9 over a 7-2 team
    62-0 over a 1-8 team
    41-10 over 5-4 team(plays in other smeifinal though)
    52-0 over 1-8 team
    45-10 over 6-3 team
    62-7 over 5-4 team
    70-28 over 7-2 team
    43-40(3OT) over 6-3 team
    49-0 over 5-4 team
    56-17 over 5-4 team

So in our 10 game winning streak we have outscored opponents, 520-121. Yea, so we get to play that heated rival again Sturday at 3. We host. Our star FB/LB is out though because he got thrown out because they said he threw a punch, but he didn't. Anyways, were gonna kick some butt on Saturday, I'm sure of it, and head to state for the 4th staright year!
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    So? We beat Lincoln High 85 to 0 last month.

Southwest has been ranked #2 in Class A by Hambleton for almost the entire year and the team is proving to be a legit contender to win Class A this year. I never expected my alma mater to win this many games this year. I am definetly going to Memorial Stadium if my team advances to the championship next week.

MLB ERA
    Man, my school went undefeated. Dominated everyone. Got to the playoffs, and lost their first round game to Southwest Dekalb like 30-2. Son of a *****.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    So? We beat Lincoln High 85 to 0 last month.

Southwest has been ranked #2 in Class A by Hambleton for almost the entire year and the team is proving to be a legit contender to win Class A this year. I never expected my alma mater to win this many games this year. I am definetly going to Memorial Stadium if my team advances to the championship next week.
    Yea, I have a lot of respect for SW. I think that is gonna be one hell of a state final. I like our experience, we know how to go to state, to prevail, but it's gonna be great.
    I aim to try

Lot of great matchups here. Thought about going to one, but heard all the tickets are sold out. Ah well. I'm pretty much out of high school football mode ever since my HS team lost a couple weeks ago. Ah well. Always next year.

AA ERA
    Well we won 20-13, our RB got hurt though, looks like he won't play at State. I think we could very well get beat. SW is REALLY good, and we're gonna be missing a great player. We shall see.... Friday at 7!
    I aim to try

AA ERA
    STATE CHAMPS -- MILLARD NORTH MUSTANGS CLASS OF '06

Was great to see us win state last night 35-14, behind a senior led team. One of the best senior classes in school history, QB-Jeff Tarpinian, RB Corey Young (hurt didn't play), FB Paul Homer, OL-Adam Nelson, Sean McCardle, DL-Jake Wolfe, Mike Brooks, LB-Joel Kelpe and Kyle Crum, DB-Mike Armstrong, Jimmy Conway, Nate Hiller. Great to see these guys I've known for years get the job done and take state. Kyle Crum is nuts and does a throat slash in front of our student section before every game to try and get us fired up. He climbed onto the stand they do the medal ceremony on and did it this time. Dude is nuts. Anyways, sad to see the season over, but no better way to go out then on top! Southwest was good, but not nearly as good as I was expecting. Playing the easy Lincoln schedule was a big help, Omaha is much tougher.
    I aim to try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast