Thread: Colts 10-0, but...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Colts 10-0, but...

they gave up a heck of a lot of points to the Bengals. The Colts couldn't stop Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson. They aren't so unbeatable.

On the other side, I think that the Bengals proved that they can hang with just about everybody, and I can't wait to see them play the Steelers in two weeks.
    rf28

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    giving up points to the bengals at cincy isnt too surprising. the bengals put points on anyone.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They'll fall next Monday.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not if Maddox starts again. The Steelers only hope is that Big Ben is ready to go.
    rf28

Rookie ERA
    Even if Big Ben plays he will be rusted and he is gonna be wearing Dwight Freeney on his back all day

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    they gave up a heck of a lot of points to the Bengals. The Colts couldn't stop Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson. They aren't so unbeatable.

On the other side, I think that the Bengals proved that they can hang with just about everybody, and I can't wait to see them play the Steelers in two weeks.
    The Bengals did everything right on offense to light up the Colts defense. First, they stopped almost all backfield penetration by the Colts defensive line. This allowed Palmer to take as much time as he needed to throw, and this exposed the poor-average coverage skills of the Colts' starting CBs. This made the defense more aware of the pass, and when they tried to take it away, the Bengals started running the ball effectively, and their mix of playcalling worked very well. Also, the fact that the Colts were scoring in a more "quick strike" fashion than they have for most of the season (which is to be expected when the team gameplans to MAKE PEYTON MANNING BEAT THEM) did not help the defense to allow a low point total. I think what this game proved is that the Colts can beat their opponent any way they want to be beat, be it a slow death by the legs of Edgerrin James, or a quick death by the right arm of Peyton Manning.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You're right. The Bengals have nothing to be ashamed of. They will probably make the playoffs, either as a division winner or as a wildcard.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    If the Colts lock up home field advantage with a game or two left and are still undefeated, would they keep Peyton and co in to go for the record, or do what any other team with homefiled locked up would do and sit them?

Anyways, the Colts will lose to the Chargers
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    If the Colts lock up home field advantage with a game or two left and are still undefeated, would they keep Peyton and co in to go for the record, or do what any other team with homefiled locked up would do and sit them?
    Good question. I think they'd sit them to be ready for the playoffs, but the fan in me wants them to play for the undefeated record. They are 18-0 in the last 18 games the starters have played (at least for the majority of the game), so it is a reasonable assumption that they'd be able to beat every team if the starters played. Now whether they would or not is an entirely different story. I do, however, think the result of the Chargers @ Colts game will be similar to the result last year.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Three Words-Manning Harrison James. Put those three words in the same sentence as good defense and you have a SB bound team.

Rookie ERA
    lol your forgetting Wayne