Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High School Football

MLB ERA
    my school lost today 45-15 to southlake carrol, who is rated #1 in the country
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Congrats on the victory, aweful.

It was a great game in the first half. Two long touchdown passes from Southwest and took the lead for a short time. Where the heck was the defensive backs? They were clearly caught off guard. There was one dropped pass that the wide receiver for Southwest should've caught otherwise he would've walked into the endzone.

Millard North knew how to stop the run and Southwest couldn't captalize. Southwest knew how to beat teams(just look at Kearney) but losing in the state championship was tough.

I don't think we've seen the last of LSW at the state championship.

AA ERA
    Yea, the two safteys both bit on the run and no one took the WR, and yea I do remeber the drop. But for the most part the North D was tough. Tarpinian is a great player and we let him control the game, and he lead us like he's been doing for a while. LSW will definitely be back, to start the program and make it to state in 4 years, wow.

I do wonder though how LSW would have looked playing in an Omaha district. Just look at the 8 teams in the quarter finals, Millard North, Millard South, Millard West, Omaha Creighton Prep, Omaha Burke, Kearney, Lincoln South West, Papillion La-Vista. 6 Omaha teams, 5 of which North beat (North being the other obviously). So in the end, Millard North beat all the quarter final teams but Kearney lol. South West on the other hand beat Millard South, Burke, and Kearney. I think Lincoln football has clearly been hurt by the addition of North Star and SW, and it's gonna take a while to get those schools back up to par, until then, Omaha is going to continue to be the spot for the best teams.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I think as far as recruiting players, Southwest is the winner. Southeast used to be the most dominating team in Lincoln and when Southwest opened up in 2002, kids from LSE transferred to LSW.

State finals on this weekend up here. Should be some exciting games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12