Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (10/17)

MLB ERA
    Vikings. They traded Randy Moss to Oakland and it was suppose to be addition by subtraction by adding Williamson in the draft and getting Napoleon Harris to a bad defense. Now unlike before where they could score points on Offense and not stop anyone now they cant move the ball and they are actually WORSE on defense.

And Randy leaving was suppose to end the trouble.... guess what, now you have a coach on the hot seat for selling SB tickets and Boat Gate (Where Daunte Culpepper was named by person as one of the 17).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

ARE YOU SERIOUS??????? It is obviously the Patriots. They are coming of 3 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 3 YEARS. They are now 3-3...they didn't have three losses last year at all!!!!! The Vikings couldn't expect much when they lost the best wide reciever in the game. They should've been expected to suck. It may have seemed like the other recievers w4ere good but the double teaming and sometimes triple teaming of moss helped the other recievers see open looks.

Point to BWitty, although the Pats are ravaged by injuries, the Vikings did lose their most dangerous weapon.

Next up...with the Colts looking to stay undefeated today, Broncos atop the AFC West, and the Cowboys and Redskins leading the way in the NFC East, who's the most surprising team so far?

Bwitty, it's go time.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I would have to go with the Denver Broncos on this one. They beat SD, NE, and KC, all very strong teams. They lead their division with a 5-1 record which is phenomenal since they are in a superb division. As for the colts, they are expected to be good so i don't see any disappointment there.

Slyder, whatcha got?

MLB ERA
    *Cough* Miami haha
    Denver??? In a division that had 2 teams win a combine 9 games last year, Marty having to prove it wasnt a fluke? Ya right Id be more surprised that they werent on top at this point... Anyways to my answer...

I got to go against popular logic with the who dey bengals.

The most surprising team this year in the NFL for me is the Ta... *clears throat*
    Ta.. *Coughs*
    Bucc*coughs*

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, there I said it *slumps in the chair*

Gruden is doing something he hasnt done since 2000 in Oakland and the Super Bowl run... Run the ball a whole bunch and use the QB to not lose games rather than put it on him. He seemed to have forgotten that for a couple years and in which time Tampa struggled. Its amazing what a little change will do to a team. And needless to say the defense is back to "find ball, crush ball carrier" attitude they had for years that seemed to be slipping from them last year.

They still have to play teams in the division but they are by far the most surprising team in the NFL to this point in the season.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Slyder, you sure you don't need some cough medicine? Well, here's a point.

Who choked harder: The Braves in their blowing of a 4 run lead with 2 outs in the 8th or all the people who were laughing at hockey last year? Slyder, what say you?

MLB ERA
    I dont think this was a fair question. Cause Hockey did enough changing of the rules and modernized the game and allowed for more of what fans liked, scoring. Now if they hadnt changed anything and this still happen then yes those who said Hockey was dead would need the jaws of life to remove their hands from their throats.

Anyways anytime you have a 4 run lead it should be game over. So I have to say Braves.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Oh, how foolish a Reds fan is. These are the BRAVES! They are supposed to lose! No need to answer, wits. Point to Bwitty.

Will the Rocket lift off in 2006? Bwitty, what say you?

Who cares about hockey anyway? It is obviously the Braves...Whenever your closer comes in you expect to win the game. When Farnsworth blew the game it was obviously a huge choke. The bottom line is that the NO CLOSER SHOULD GIVE UP 3 RUNS IN 2 INNINGS TO BLOW THE GAME.

Thanks, but you didn't answer the question.

I think that it depends on one thing, do the Stros win the WS. I think that if they do Roger will call it quits on a good note. If not I see him coming back for one more year although this may not be the best decision because he is slowly wearing down and losing both strength and command which was evident in his last start against stl.

Slyder, what say you?

MLB ERA
    Roger wont be back. I cant see him risking "tarnishing" this year and become one of those "hangers on". I cant see him coming back next year and live up to his standards. I think he will hang them up this year and go watch his son play in the Astros minor league system and spend time with the rest of his family. He's done all he can in baseball and he has nothing more to prove.

Not even his best buddy Andy Pettitte will be able to coax him out of retirement this time.

The only way this does not happen is if his son is playing for the big league Stros next year. I think that hes still a ways away from that point.

I could also see Roger come in to throw 1 pitch in a couple years just to add their names to the Griffey's as the only Father/Son combos to play on the same day. But whenever the Stros season ends, Roger takes his final Cudos.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Game, set and match. Slyder wins the face time. Git'r done!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast