Thread: Romanowski admits steroid use while playing in NFL

AAA ERA

Romanowski admits steroid use while playing in NFL

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSpo...ory?id=1210886

Let's see if the world stops turning with this admission, as with Jose Canseco. Let's see if fans call for anything Romo did to be erased. Let's see if the media crucifies Romo, as with Barry Bonds. Let's see if Congress will hold an investigation on this matter in the NFL. Let's see if Romo gets the same treatment from the fans as Raffy. Let's see if all NFL players are assumed to be cheaters.

Or, let's see if a double standard is established. The (sports) media loves the NFL, and would be damned if they run or print a negative article about the league. I'm sure this will get its little run on 60 minutes, perhaps a mention buried in the middle of SportsCenter at 6:52 in the middle of some WNBA highlights. I'm sure Bill will sell a few copies of his book, and we'll pretend like the whole darn thing isn't happening.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i thought he was scum before hand. he still is a piece of garbage. And its not like this is any big surprise, is it?

and the NFL is already part of the congress thing. Theyve been called in too, except players havent been. theyve only been grilling Tags and Upshaw, people like that.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    and the NFL is already part of the congress thing. Theyve been called in too, except players havent been. theyve only been grilling Tags and Upshaw, people like that.
    I want the player panel. Lets get Romo, Ray Lewis, Lavar Arrington, David Boston, Tony Gonzalez, Brian Urlacher, and Emmitt Smith in a Congressional hearing. Since we can't be sure who was doing it and who wasn't, we can safely assume everyone is guilty.

MLB ERA
    Until many someones admit steroid use, nobody is going to care, because everyone already thinks/knows that a great number of NFL players are on steroids.

It came as a surprise when people in the MLB started getting busted for steroid use, because nobody would have expected it from some of them until people got busted and someone actually brought up the idea of "Hey, steroids are becoming a key to the MLB success." The NFL has nobody coming out saying "Hey, MAYBE steroids are a problem here!" because steroids are a problem there and nobody has cared enough yet to investigate, and it's unlikely anyone will care in the near future.

Steroids are an existing factor in the NFL, have been an existing factor in the NFL for a long time, and will likely stay as an existing factor in the NFL for many many years to come, and that's a sad truth.

Luckily for Romanowski, his career was already tarnished enough by his antics that nobody will care about this, and most people already thought it/"knew it" anyway. Personally, the guy's a distant cousin of mine and I still like him just as much as I liked him before, both on a player level and a personal level.

AAA ERA
    What your post and my satire sheds light on is the injustice being done to MLB players. Steroids in MLB casts a shourd of doubt over every player in the League enough so to assume ever player is guilty of abusing them. Steroids in the NFL is just "an existing factor".

Users should be punished but not black listed. Unless you blatently lie about it to fans, teammates, league officials, and the United States Congress...

MLB ERA
    Until the sports fan population becomes more intelligent, more observant, and less biased as a whole, there will always be a double standard held versus "this sport" and "that sport" or "this other sport" and "that other sport."

The only injustice being done is by a single entity; the fans. Sports fans, as a whole, are ignorant and biased and silly, and they will always put forth the same idea of "this sport can do anything but that sport can do nothing" because that's just how they function. Media is just playing up to the fans because it knows they'll love to see the stories.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll only care if it's a player worth caring about. Romo, he ain't worth used toilet paper.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

As rockin said, was this really a surprise? Not to me.

AAA ERA
    I think steroid use is just as prevailant in the NFL, as in MLB. Come on, an athlete is an athlete regardless of the sport, and they'll do whatever it takes to get ahead. Dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining. The less I hear about steroids in the NFL, the more sympathy I have for the guys carrying the cross in MLB.

AA ERA
    Well in MLB we have linked steroid use to HR's, so I think that's made it a bigger deal to fans. In the NFL, if it happens you just get a better player, nothing we automatically look to fine.

Romo was an intersting player. I liked his ferosity and attitude, but he wasn't a great guy.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle