Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (9/12)

MLB ERA
    Buy The guy hasn't faced live pitching (and when i mean live, i mean 90+ MPH not BP) in almost a year now. you've also got 20 games left this season, and bonds averages about a homerun per 11-13 atbats...when you think about about it thats only about maybe 4 homeruns... so i can see him getting maybe 4, five pushing it. if he gets more than five you gotta wonder though.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    So you buy him at least getting 5 but say five may be pushing it? Good points on the HR/AB, but don't get that...

+++-

Porter?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Buy, Barry Bonds will get his 5 swings and he will hit ball out the park. The guy is just too strong to bet against it. In the past 2 season hes had what, 1 homer per 8 or 9 at bats. So you expect 1 HR per 3 games, and theres about 20 games left so yeah i think he will hit 5 on the money. But how many times will he be walked in those games is what the question really should be.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    The Walks are what will be the key. Those are very important to the team, but they could affect his HR totals.

+++

We are heading out of bounds in just a moment...

Horn-me!.....
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Two rounds are in the books and here's how we stand. Porter in the lead with 15... and ghetto....bringing up the rear with a measly 10!

Let's go Out of Bounds....

It's...OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!.....

MLB ERA
    The NL Wild Card race: this thing is getting ridiculous.

The Astros hold the lead at the moment, but it seems that no one wants to win it STILL. Guys...simple question. Who do you have winning the NL Wild Card race and why? ATH to ghetto...

MLB ERA
    all reds fans know this saying.

PITCHING WINS CHAMPIONCHIPS.

what we have here boys and girls are the tales of two great clubs with great pitching.

Houston is second in the league with a team ERA of 3.57, compared to FLA's 4.04. Houston has The Rocket, Oswalt, Pettite...but then what? Backe and Wandy Rodriguez? Florida has a great 1-4 staff in beckett, willis, vargas, and burnett. I gotta pick flordia on this one...because not only does pitching win championchips, but so does experiance. Houston has ZERO experiance in the world series, and florida does. You just gotta like floridas chances. And they've got Todd Jones, who has a 1.14 ERA with 35 saves.

MLB ERA
    Houston= Known chokers
    Florida= Known winners

Great points

+++++

Porter?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Astros has Roy Oswalt, Andy Pettite and Roger Clemens. That alone gets them in the other teams dont have those 3. It also helps that they have the 2nd best Team ERA in MLB. #1 would be the Cards and we know what they are doing. Florida while having Todd Jones as their closer Brad Lidge is still pretty darn good. Sure Houston has no expierence in the WS but neither did that Florida team when they won theirs so i don't buy that arguement either. Clemens, Pettite, Lidge and Oswalt will carry the Stros to the playoffs. Im pretty sure Clemens and Pettite are pretty know for their playoff history.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Good points...but what about Clemens' potential injury concerns?

++++-

Hoooorrnnn.... Normally someone would be relieved of their duties now(cough, cough...GHETTO!)...but not today with only two panelists. Can ghetto finally score his first win? Find out next in the Showdown...two enter...one runs home in shame....

Do that thing I like...horrrrnnnn......

MLB ERA
    Wild Wild West Showdown time...

First up...the AL Wild Card race....

The Indians have taken the lead and appear poised to make a run to the playoffs that many have been counting on for the last year or so. The A's are still right there thoug hand so are George's Yanks. Guys, who will win the AL Wild Card race and why?

Porter...you are first up...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think the Indians will win the wild card. Cliff Lee, CC Sabathia and Kevin Millwood have been pitching lights out. Their offense is starting to hit like they did last season but to top everything off. The get to play the Royals seven times to end the season. The A's still have to deal with the Angels and the Yanks cant seem to beat anyone thats meaningful how are you 5-11 vs the DRays? Plus the A's Injuries to Bobby Crosby and Rich Harden may slow them down. And the Yanks Rotation has a lot of questions.

MLB ERA
    Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    Standings as of 9/11:
    CLE-0GB
    NYY-1 GB
    OAK-1.5 GB

CLE's story has been like a fairy tale to some. The indians have GREAT tallent. Not to mention a GREAT owner (why did the reds miss out on this guy )

Oakland has the pitching by ERA, 3.66 to CLE's 3.76 to NYY's 4.48. Oakland also has the upper hand on starters ERA, 3.75 to CLE's 4.11 to NYY's 4.73 (OUCH!). Oakland also has the likes of Zito, Haren, and Harden.

but lets look at what moneyball has given oakland.

NOTHING..NADA..ZILCH

Cleveland all the way. I love what this team has to bring. They've also got a dominate closer.

MLB ERA
    Porter with too many grammatical mistakes and I like your ERA comparisons, ghetto. Point to you.

Up next... Roger Federer defeated Andre A. this weekend to claim yet another tennis tournament...one of many. Is Federer going to end up the most dominating player in tennis history? ATH to ghetto...for the WIN....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast