Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 NFL Random Thoughts

MLB ERA
    The Packers aren't gonna win shit over the next 2 years so what's the point in Favre sitting around and screwing the teams future over? Because he's earned it and he can do what he wants? Sure, I guess, but it's just gonna put off the Packers rebuidling for a few more years. Seems like a selfish move by Favre.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, as Cincy said, Favre doesn't have much around him. Having depth at receiver and running back would be nice, plus his line isn't good anymore. I doubt even a 30 year old Favre can do much with what he's got.

Driver should have had the catch late in the game, that led to a TD by Staley. Barnett also missed a tackle on Staley, but that's not new. Thanks Nick!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I doubt Aaron Rodgers will amount to much. He's got Kyle Boller written all over him, big arm and not accurate. Now if they were to deal him for help elsewhere and they end up with #1 or a high like that and look at Leinart or, eh I don't know but Young could be interesting in the same vain as Vick.
    Ted

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I doubt Aaron Rodgers will amount to much. He's got Kyle Boller written all over him, big arm and not accurate.
    With Green Bay's pitiful offense and defense, wouldn't surprise me.

Kyle Boller > Joey Harrington

MLB ERA
    Heh. Rodgers completed over 66% of his passes last year, including 23 in a row last year agains USC. Don't see where the unaccurate assesment came from. Even with Favre they're gonna suck and end up with a top 5ish pick. Maybe they can get lucky and land Reggie Bush. They've already got their QB of the future.

MLB ERA
    I don't think throwing Rodgers into the fire right now is the right move with the team decimated by injuries.

I would rather leave Favre in there and try to get healthy and add talent over the next year or two before I just dump Favre and toss Rodgers in there. I can't see how development would occur with the offense that GB currently possesses.

Favre at least knows how to make something out of nothing because of his great deal of experience.

The situation is similar to that of the Bengals a couple of years ago. Kitna started while Palmer watched. The team was better by the team Palmer took over and I think that only helped Carson out.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I didn't say to throw Rodgers into the fire. Let Favre play out his season, can Sherman and hope Brett retires. Next year let Rodgers take over with Reggie Bush lining up at RB. Then overhaul the defense and the Packers are back in the hunt. If Favre comes back for another year it just delays their return to competiveness another year.

Rookie ERA
    First if your not a Packer fan what do you care if he hangs around or not. Second our starting RB today was 3rd string on his college team and 5th string on the Packers so Cincy is right he has nothing around him. he isnt as good as he once was to carry the team by himself, but he can still win if he had people around him. The Steelers are a top 5 team ,and he still had this team in the game til the last 2 minutes. Look at the socres of our losses we lose close games, its not like were getting blown out.

MLB ERA
    Congratulations.

You're 1-7.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    The Packers aren't gonna win shit over the next 2 years so what's the point in Favre sitting around and screwing the teams future over? Because he's earned it and he can do what he wants? Sure, I guess, but it's just gonna put off the Packers rebuidling for a few more years. Seems like a selfish move by Favre.
    you really have no concept do you? Aaron Rodgers would just get killed this year. and make his confidence get shattered. sitting a year certainly hasnt hurt Carson Palmer. or Culpepper when he was playing.

The packers have far larger problems than favre. Cant win if you have no weapons. And development of a QB isnt going to do any good if he is flat on his back. Not to mention, he is unimpressive in Preseason (against 3rd stringers) and in practice. So he shouldnt even be sniffing the field on sundays.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    you really have no concept do you? Aaron Rodgers would just get killed this year. and make his confidence get shattered. sitting a year certainly hasnt hurt Carson Palmer. or Culpepper when he was playing.

The packers have far larger problems than favre. Cant win if you have no weapons. And development of a QB isnt going to do any good if he is flat on his back. Not to mention, he is unimpressive in Preseason (against 3rd stringers) and in practice. So he shouldnt even be sniffing the field on sundays.

You reading anything that I'm saying?

Rookie ERA
    Congratulations.

You're 1-7.

Where did I claim to be a good team? Your saying Favre is done, when he isnt. If you think he throw alot of INT's newsflash thats Brett, you must not have seen him alot. He did it when he was young and he does it now. The only diffrence is he needs people around him to be succesful. If we get a guy like Reggie Bush and some D help in the draft look out.

MLB ERA
    My point is that you're a RB, a healthy set of WR's, some OL help, and essentially an entire defense away from being a playoff team.

Rookie ERA
    With the first pick in the 2006 NFL draft Green Bay selects RB regie Bush USC

Javon will be back next season, and we'll pick one up in the draft im sure.

our O-line just needs time to gel. we have a rookie starting and he's still learning

Agian we'll address our D through the draft. we have a MLB, DE, a a pretty good young saftey. Bates has this D playing better than it should I cant imagine what he'll do with more impact player next season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Heh. Rodgers completed over 66% of his passes last year, including 23 in a row last year agains USC. Don't see where the unaccurate assesment came from. Even with Favre they're gonna suck and end up with a top 5ish pick. Maybe they can get lucky and land Reggie Bush. They've already got their QB of the future.
    As it was broken down, he completed a bevy of short passes. That's going to jack up anyone's passing completion percentage. He's going to tank, just like Alex Smith.
    Ted

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast