Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 NFL Random Thoughts

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He only attempted nine damn passes. Only Big Ben can get away with that.

And he was sacked 5 times, opposed to 6 completions. Wtf is wrong with Houston.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Which coaches deserve to get fired?

Houston, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Baltimore, Tennessee, Oakland, New Orleans, St. Louis

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd fire Harrington before I fired Marriuchi. Or however he spells his name. Lovie Smith isn't even close to a hot seat.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    The Bears might not have a great offense, but they are (3-3) and are showing some progress. I don't think Lovie has much to worry about right now.

I'm not sure Jeff Fisher is in trouble. He's been with the Titans for a while.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't fire Fisher either. Mostly because his team is young, and injury plagued, and thin in depth cause they can't afford to keep anyone. And none of that is his fault.

I think they lost four people in the game with Zona.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Four important people, that is. Volek, BJones, Brown, and the long-snapper. That's tough to lose the QB, the assumed #1 receiver with Bennett out and the starting running back.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I'd fire Harrington before I fired Marriuchi. Or however he spells his name. Lovie Smith isn't even close to a hot seat.

Harrington has major problems, as do a lot of Lions QB. Lions haven't had a real good QB in a very long time. Heck, I remember the Scott Mitchell days of going to school and everybody making fun of Mitchell. Mariucci is far from being fired, he's been this team's best coach in a long time. Millen was genious for hiring him.

As for which coaches should be fired, I'd go with Minnesota and Houston.

Vikings organization is messed up, and who knows who's responsibility that is. Mainly because I believe Wilf should start taking responsibility for his team and stop sayign McCombs started it. Ever since hearing Tice not taking control of the team and just being very easy going with team and not setting stricter guidlines, I haven't really been fond of him. He needs to go, the front office needs to be re-examined and cleaned out as needed. Vikings organizations needs to create better leadership and turn that franchise around.

As for Houston, their main problems are the offensive line. If the offensive line was stronger that would create better holes for Davis to run through not to mention giving Carr more protection. Carr has never been given a chance to succeed, so I can't blame him much. I do feel that the Capers should get fired along with his staff. Along with Capers, Casserly should be leaving. How many draft picks have succeeded with Casserly? Not many. How many leaders had to leave due to cap space, Sharper and Glenn. Were those players replaced properly, not really. I can see Glenn leaving. But Sharper? Sharper was the heart and soul of the defense, he was the main leader. There's just so many problems with this team, that the owner McNair needs to looking uptop with the President of the team to the bottom where Capers and his staff lay. McNair needs to analyze these people, because it's not working. A 3 yr plan is going to turn into a 5 yr plan. How much is McNair going to buy into Casserly's plan? I as many people bought into Casserlys greatness with how he built up the Redskins, but geez, he surely hasn't done well for the Texans. Not only do I believe that Texans should clean house, they should switch their defense from the 3-4 to 4-3, or get people in there who know what they are doing with the 3-4 defense (be it drafting or getting the right people for the 3-4). This was an expansion team who has yet to play up to any decent standards. They haven't even been close to a winning season. Things will need to change because fans are becoming pissed, and Texans may just go 0-16 this season.

MLB ERA
    Falcons play Jets tonight. On paper, Atlanta should win by 40 points. In reality, they'll probably win by a field goal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Garcia gives DET a chance, as long as he stays healthy.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why is Sportscenter still showing highlights from football games on Sunday? Its 10:00 on Monday night. If you missed the 400 Sportscenters that have been shown between last night and 10:00, you're an asshole.

Rookie ERA
    It just opened up in Denver raining pretty good. Broncos seem to be fighting off Eagles rally.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    only in the NFC north can the bears be leading the division. give it up for the tallest midget of the division.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bell/Anderson duo is pretty fantastic.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Why all the love for Eli Manning?

A 51 completion % and he's got the whole country on his dick. Shit man, that's worse than Michael Vick's completion % this year and everybody gets on him for being a sucky QB. Why everyone is on Eli's dick?

Rookie ERA
    Cause Eli has a QB rating of 83.6 and vick's is 63 behind such guys as Frerotte, and McCown.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast