Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/29)

Around the Horn (8/29)

Four of America's most charismatic sports writers...whom you'll see discussing Jason Giambi's second resurgence, Maurice Clarett's termination, and crying in baseball.

there's no crying in baseball!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Alright alright alright...welcome back to the show of competitive banter. Lets say zdrastvuyte to our national panel.

Live from Baton Rouge..our own Mariners fan!

MLB ERA
    I just survived a hurricane, take it easy on me.

Live from Long Island...Bwitty.

I am back from my amazing start...F cedric benson haha

Live from Washington..RockSports.

Time to teach some unknowledgable writers. Hurry this up kids, this writer has school in the morning.

And finally, our returning champion...live, from Long Island (weird..?)...Brown town!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Meatball heroes...mmmm...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Alright, you lot know the rules: ten topics, one winner, three points for a good answer, 4 points for a great answer, bonus points as deserved. I'm feeling a little point-happy today, so don't disappoint me. A reminder: today is big stat Monday..give me some meaningful stats. (batting average with runner on 1B and less than 2 outs won't do).

Lets get this show on the road...HORN TIME!

We start the day with the demise of Maurice Clarett, where the Broncos cut him after a big squadush in all statistics so far in the preseason. So...who looks like more of an idiot...the Broncos or Clarett? Around the Horn to Browntown.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Broncos definitely come off as clueless on this one. First of all, they spent a 3rd-round pick on the guy when experts had him going somewhere around the 6th or 7th. Second of all, why in God's name are you taking a player in the 3rd round who's going to be 5th on the depth chart? Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Quentin Griffin, and even the immortal Ron Dayne are and were all ahead of him. It's not like the 3rd round is a crapshoot either...we've seen some quality talent come out of there in recent years (Lavarenues Coles, Jason Witten, Brian Westbrook come to mind). The pick didn't make it any sense at first. You do have to wonder why they couldn't even let him touch the ball though...some way to treat a 3rd rounder.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

++++

Marinersfan?

MLB ERA
    It has to be Clarett. Not only did he get cut as a 3rd round pick, but he did so without getting a signing bonus. The guy thought that he was a 1st round caliber back so he got a contract with incentives that could've made him worth $7 million over four years, but he did not get a penny in terms of a signing bonus. He then proceeded to show up to camp out of shape (still) and could not pass Dayne or Griffin or anyone else on the depth chart. The guy has talent, no one can deny that, he was the driving force behind Ohio State's offense that won the national championship, but he obviously has issues. He isn't mentally ready for the NFL, he has proved it over and over, this is just another example.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast