Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/29)

And the Blackhawks suck too. +++
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Well, ladies and gentlemen, in at QB for the Brown Towners is Slyder, replacing an injured Brown Town.

Next topic on my menu is..the Little League World Series, where a half swing gave Hawaii the WS win. Celebration followed..and crying. Guys..Buy or sell the LLWS being shown on TV? Around the Horn to Bwitty.

BUY. The little league world series is such a fun watch...you never know what can happen with these young players. That championship game was so exciting. The 6th and 7th innings were more exciting than actual MLB games. It is also nice to see these kids play when you were once their age. It has become a big deal for little kids throughout the nation. Some of my friends love wathching because it reminds them of the times where we used to play and get owned.

++++

Marinersfan?

MLB ERA
    I like the LLWS, I'll watch an inning or two of a game here and there, but I think showing every single game in Williamsport is a little bit of overkill. The games end up being pretty exciting, but I can't see the average baseball fan getting into every game that ESPN shows. I'll buy since I like the games, but I'd probably scale it back a little, take half the games off TV.

+++++

If I could give half points, I would.

Sly, what say you?

MLB ERA
    I buy the LLWS being on tv.

In these troubled times filled with questions about this player, that player, who stuck who with what, whos cheating, who cheated, what to do with stats of those caught using steriods the LLWS showed the world baseball in its purest form. Baseball is a kids game taken over by adults and marketing companies.

These kids werent out there for the endorsement deals, these kids werent out there to make 25 million dollars a year, these kids were out there to have fun and play a game. The kids had a blast while they were there and I am sure wouldnt trade it for anything. One kid (From Curacao i think) said my favorite player is Rafael Palmerio. Period and started to laugh because he was having fun.

Most of these kids wont ever be their favorite players, they arent hounded like pieces of meat like a lot of athletes are now a days. Let them have their 15 minutes in the light. This isnt even accounting for the pride that they bring their country and the response of nationalism for these teams. I think it was the Mexican team had a parade thrown for them in the capital. Soccer maybe the worlds sport but Baseball is next. To take that away now would just deaden baseball to the average fan again.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Good stuff Slyder, good stuff. ++++++

We talk a bit IRL now..Danica Patrick, Wilbon's girl, called a fellow rookie driver a "stupid idiot." Guys..buy her actions? Marinersfan, what say you?

MLB ERA
    I'm buying it. I'm all for hot chicks driving fast cars. Until now, she showed the personality of a brick, good for her. Hopefully she'll keep saying edgy things to keep her on camera. But anyway,

++++ and ++ for visual aid.

Around the Horn to Sly.

MLB ERA
    Ill buy. You always need something to keep your biggest fan draw in the news. She single handly has elevated IRL to near the top of racing (not including NASCAR). This will give her even more appeal as she shows that yes shes human and draws more the casual fan who isnt looking at her for just the T & A but shes got some nice ones .

She does have to win something eventually to garner the hype. But she is still a rookie so she can get away with it for now.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++ No visual aid..I am ashamed.

Bwitty, end buy or sell on a high note, wontcha?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    My dad is a jackass.

You can't mute me, I'm not playing anymore.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I am going to have to go against everyone here. I am going to sell her actions. She has no reason to start making fun of other racers. Since her debut on march 6th and her 4th place victory on may 29th she hasn't been all that special. She has no credibility in criticizing another racer. Do we have a new TO of IRL?

Here is a pic for you general...

Edit: Made the pic appear, bad URL.
    -Gen

+++ for the picture, and ++ for the answer. TO of the IRL? Please.

And that ends Buy Or Sell..GoYanks has been tossed overboard..he gone.

We take a quick break, and when we return, Out of Bounds is the next order of business.

Do stick around...

HOORN!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast