Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/29)

Alright...Buy or sell..go get it!

We start off with TO, who had a monster game Friday, but did not engage McNabb in any interaction. Buy or sell McNabb and TO not talking for the season...Browntown?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm gonna have to sell this. When's the last time a QB and a WR have ever completed a successful season without talking? At one point in the season, these 2 guys will realize how ridiculous this whole situation is and try to at least discuss it. I don't ever think TO and McNabb will have a good relationship, but I think they can least try and settle it at once. However, I don't think this is such a huge deal, because McNabb doesn't have too many other options regardless. As long as the two have respect for each other, they'll be fine...but that's the issue here, because it doesn't look like either has shown the other some sign of respect throughout this whole ordeal. McNabb has a lot of pride, but he'd be ridiculous to be stubborn and refuse to acknowledge Terrell thoughout this whole year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

++++

Around the Horn to GoYanks.

Whats this damn topic about? Blah Blah Blah. Yankees & Tigers rule all. I'll skewl you lil kids another time punks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GoYankees has set a new record for lowest score in ATH history. He gone.

Marinersfan?

MLB ERA
    I have to agree with browntown here. I'm selling. They will eventually put their differences aside and begin to talk again, but there will always be a lack of chemistry between the two after TO's pathetic holdout. While they don't see eye to eye in most situations, they both want to win and they both know that they need the other person to be able to win the Super Bowl. While McNabb may not have the confidence that he once had in TO he will be throwing to TO just as much because quite frankly, the rest of the Eagles receives are average. At best.

+++

BWitty?

If TO and McNabb don't talk at all that would just be rediculous. Of course they are going to talk to one another. It may not be friendly banter but a conversation that I could see going like this.

" yo Donovan I've been wide open every down pass me the god damn ball once in a while...im the best you got"

"it might be news to you buy you aren't the only soul on this team"

this will be followed by some more bicker

+++

He is the only good WR on that team though.

Next topic..Kyle Orton and the offensive debacle that is the Chicago Bears. Kyle Orton, the rookie, is the new starting QB for the Bears; also, Cedric Benson, BWitty's boy, signed. Guys...who's buying the Bears hope train with Benson and Orton? Around the Horn to Marinersfan.

MLB ERA
    Hope? This year? There is no hope. Orton has a strong arm, but like all rookies in a poor offense, he will struggle. Benson is 36 days behind every other RB on the roster. Plus, he still has to come in and beat out a guy who had over 1300 total yards last year in Thomas Jones. There is no way that he can walk in and start over Jones, but I would look for Benson to start getting the majority of the carries by midseason. This year, the Bears are probably the odds on favorite to earn the number one pick in the draft, but they are starting to put some nice talent together on offense in Orton, Benson, Mark Bradley, and Grossman still has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. So this year, I'm selling Orton and Benson for as much as I can get. In the future? I'll buy.

++++

Bwitty?

Kyle Orton and Cedric Benson are both promising rookies. With their lack of experience I'm not sure if this duo will work THIS YEAR. The bears are bound to have a good season though...maybe in a year or two. They have a great defense and if Orton and Benson along with the rest of the team can get close and learn to work with each other we may see a totally new bears team in 1-2 years. I would say they should play them the whole season to let them get experience. Asa for this year i say sell and for next year is buy.

+++

It's a Bird...it's a plane..no, it's Slyder!

MLB ERA
    *Has a clothespin on his nose*

Man there hasnt been any hope for Chicago since Jordan left. He took all the winning with him. Just look at the Cubs choking AGAIN and 1 game from falling to fifth behind the once thought for dead Cincinnati Reds and one of the top offenses in the MLB.

I dont care if you have Vick Qbing for the Bears, they still gonna suck. Orton and Benson are going ot be getting rocked early and often.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast